The Student Room Group

UCAS application/ German student

Hello, this is my first time using this platform but I’m a german citizen applying for some psychology courses in Scotland.
I hoped someone could help me.
One of the Unis I’m applying for requires for me to pass the IELTS or a similar kind of test with a specific grade. I have not yet taken part in any of the tests because I don’t have spare 250€ to spend and I don’t want to take it if I’ll be declined from the university anyway. Is it possible to reach the test results in later if I should be made an offer? Or do I have to have the results when getting a offer? The Uni I’m taking about is the University of Dundee if that helps.

Also has anyone here studied Psychology at the Abertay University in Dundee and can tell me how the experience was?

Thank you in Advance!
Ask the uni. They may give you a conditional offer.
Reply 2
Original post by quirky editor
Ask the uni. They may give you a conditional offer.

I was going to but I realized they’re on winter break now apparently and aren’t going to be answering until January
Original post by didemnur
I was going to but I realized they’re on winter break now apparently and aren’t going to be answering until January

Have everything ready and contact them first day back
Reply 4
I am an international student too so I can help u with this. From my experience in applying to Cambridge, they told me that the IELTS will not be required at the application stage, if they give u an offer, IELTS score will be a part of the condition and then u can do it.
Reply 5
*need to do it
Reply 6
Alright thank you! No need to stress myself then :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by didemnur
Alright thank you! No need to stress myself then :smile:

It is also good to check with the university u applied to just to be a hundred percent sure.
Reply 8
Hey, I know I'm a bit late but some Unis just want you to get a specific grade in your Abitur (I think it's mostly around 11 points). They'll probably tell you what they expect when they send you an offer! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest