Have to take a random GCSE in two weeks Watch

ghostmalone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Our ICT teacher hasn't even started teaching us. He showed us a YouTube video last week. I can't even teach myself in two weeks without buying the software Dreamweaver. No amount of complaints will probably help me pass after the Christmas holidays. Any help?? It's Edexcel's CIDA course
fozrojna
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I do the Cida course - if you really wanna pass all you have to do is pirate the software and get a feel for it and you can easily pass the 2 1/2hr exam, but we're doing the food festival coursework which takes a couple of months so I have no idea what to say if you haven't done it
Laurence863
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by gcserev)
Our ICT teacher hasn't even started teaching us. He showed us a YouTube video last week. I can't even teach myself in two weeks without buying the software Dreamweaver. No amount of complaints will probably help me pass after the Christmas holidays. Any help?? It's Edexcel's CIDA course
bump, we did the healthy eating one and we're using webplus x8
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
With all due respect, why have you waited until now to raise this as an issue? Yeah, your teacher is responsible for teaching you, but you also hold some responsibility for your education. At this point, do the best you can in the 2 weeks you've got. Assuming you're all in the same boat, everyone will fail and it will warrant some sort of investigation. Besides that, you can put a complaint in but I would imagine the first question from the school will be why didn't you bring this up sooner.

If this had been raised as an issue weeks ago, you would have had time to use school computers which almost certainly have Dreamweaver installed. I'm not really sure what advice you expect at this point.
ghostmalone
Rep:
?
(Original post by fozrojna)
I do the Cida course - if you really wanna pass all you have to do is pirate the software and get a feel for it and you can easily pass the 2 1/2hr exam, but we're doing the food festival coursework which takes a couple of months so I have no idea what to say if you haven't done it
We're also doing the food festival course. I've done some of the coursework. I'll try pirating the software then, hopefully I do well in the 2hr 1/2 exam. Good luck to you as well
ghostmalone
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
With all due respect, why have you waited until now to raise this as an issue? Yeah, your teacher is responsible for teaching you, but you also hold some responsibility for your education. At this point, do the best you can in the 2 weeks you've got. Assuming you're all in the same boat, everyone will fail and it will warrant some sort of investigation. Besides that, you can put a complaint in but I would imagine the first question from the school will be why didn't you bring this up sooner.

If this had been raised as an issue weeks ago, you would have had time to use school computers which almost certainly have Dreamweaver installed. I'm not really sure what advice you expect at this point.
All good points but we have only recently changed the course. So I've been revising and perfecting the other ones, taking into consideration that our school has changed the course and exam board a few times already throughout last year and this year. Everyone has, as you would expect, has already formally complained several times.
Luckily I have found a free trial lasting a week at home, giving me enough time to revise. I've also researched that it's only a section of the qualification. Hopefully, they'll let us retake it.
Thank you for the response
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
All good points but we have only recently changed the course. So I've been revising and perfecting the other ones, taking into consideration that our school has changed the course and exam board a few times already throughout last year and this year. Everyone has, as you would expect, has already formally complained several times.
Luckily I have found a free trial lasting a week at home, giving me enough time to revise. I've also researched that it's only a section of the qualification. Hopefully, they'll let us retake it.
Thank you for the response
Complained to who exactly and what happened as a result? In this scenario, I'd be complainng straight to the exam boards in question, since it's unfair on students to make a last minute change to the exam board you're with. In terms of changing the course, how does that work exactly? Is your course structure not fixed by the exam board?

This is an exceptionally odd scenario and not something you should be going along with. You need to be making more noise and complaining to more people about sudden changes in exam board.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads