The Student Room Group

Doing Engineering without Maths?

To be completely honest, I am interested in biomedical Engineering or Material/Chemical Engineering, but job opportunity seems to not exist(at least where I live), but I am still interested in the Engineering field.
I am currently doing A-levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics and my predicted grades are AAB, but I am not doing Maths. I did got a 7 in GCSE, but in those 1 year and a half, I forgot most of the stuff I don't apply.
I could study certain Maths module(especially Mechanics) during the summer without major issue, but would still like your opinion.

For the future, I think I am going to take a gap year, but I am also interested in Apprentiship
Engineering is very very maths based
Reply 2
Original post by Darreldelalunax
To be completely honest, I am interested in biomedical Engineering or Material/Chemical Engineering, but job opportunity seems to not exist(at least where I live), but I am still interested in the Engineering field.
I am currently doing A-levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics and my predicted grades are AAB, but I am not doing Maths. I did got a 7 in GCSE, but in those 1 year and a half, I forgot most of the stuff I don't apply.
I could study certain Maths module(especially Mechanics) during the summer without major issue, but would still like your opinion.

For the future, I think I am going to take a gap year, but I am also interested in Apprentiship

An engineering course with a foundation year should get your maths up to scratch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Maths is very much needed for engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest