How are you with your family? Watch

sofia0326
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
In terms of what's going on in your every day life (eg work, relationships, uni etc) how much of it do you tell your family?

1. You tell them everything in detail.
2. You tell them everything but with not much detail.
3. You dont tell them anything even if they ask.
4. You tell them most things but avoid talking much about it
5. You dont tell them much about things unless they ask.

I'm 4. I tell my family most things but I avoid going into detail about things. For example, I recently got a job and I told my family how many days a week I'm working, how much I'm getting paid and how far the place is. But when my sister got a job she talked about her salary, transportation, her managers, her lunch break and she will always go into detail about her days at work. But when they ask about my day at work, I'm like "nothing special happened". It's not that I'm not close with my family, but I just can't be bothered to go into so much detail. I personally don't like when people know too much about my personal life.

What about you guys?
Last edited by sofia0326; 2 months ago
hcaushi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
1. My parents are notoriously authoritarian, and I have to tell them of every little advancement I make (academically, socially or otherwise). Which annoys me when it comes to double standards, because my brother (who's incredibly young in this context) frequently goes out from the crack of dawn until very late in the night without telling anyone where or with whom or even that he was going out, and gets away with it with a slap on the wrist.

Let's just say it's what made me privacy-minded.
ellieRx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Defiently the same as you but I’m like that with pretty much everyone I’ll tell them things but never go into a lot of detail as can’t really be bothered and also because I don’t like everyone knowing everything about me it could be something small but still don’t like it as it’s to do with me not them.. I guess I’m just a very private person but obviously with family if they ask more questions I will tell them
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
5 - because I apparently only love sharing my personal life with strangers online....
sofia0326
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by ellieRx)
Defiently the same as you but I’m like that with pretty much everyone I’ll tell them things but never go into a lot of detail as can’t really be bothered and also because I don’t like everyone knowing everything about me it could be something small but still don’t like it as it’s to do with me not them.. I guess I’m just a very private person but obviously with family if they ask more questions I will tell them
Same with me! But whenever I tell my sister that I dont wanna get into a certain matter, she always starts to doubt me and thinks I'm hiding something when honestly, I'm not obligated to tell you anything so why you stressing me? Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm 5.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
I’m 3. Idk I just feel like as of over the years, I just feel very distant towards them and when I tell them anything, it’s simply just feels like a slap towards my face after they feel appreciative and when they feel like in a low mood and want to blame it on something.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (42)
13.73%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (26)
8.5%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (61)
19.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (44)
14.38%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (36)
11.76%
How can I be the best version of myself? (97)
31.7%

Watched Threads