What do you use to revise for history? Watch

AronAdamski
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey!

I am a year 13 student studying AQA History and I was wondering what do you guys use to study history? I am doing course on the Industrial Revolution in Britain as well as the USSR after Stalin and it's collapse.

Are there any resources you would recommend for this course in particular or history revision in general?

Many thanks!
redmeercat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing A level as well, and I mainly use a lot of flashcards. To start with I tried to use mind maps but those didn't work for me. Making flashcards lets me test myself and add any information that I like as we go along.
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Flash cards
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, for my GCSEs I put post-its all around my house (bathroom, mirrors, fridge, all over my bedroom) with significant dates and events. It really really helped me to familiarise myself with the subject and I found it to be super effective! I'm starting to put them up now for my mocks

I also find timelines helpful and a majority of my revision is done by just typing out notes, but I know that's not that helpful for a lot of people
AronAdamski
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you guys for your responses! Personally, I have been doing both timelines and flashcards. Are you doing thematic flashcards or writing a question and answering in bullet points on the flashcard?
pinkfluffystuff
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey i did GCSE i am currently doing a level currently. i find mind maps are more effective for A-level just because THERES SOO MUCH MORE CONTENT.
username2851718
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Doing AQA A_Level History too but different topics. Like everyone else mentioned, mindmaps are really helpful yeah but for me personally I prefer timelines and bullet-pointed notes about all the specific areas of focus. (For example, I'm doing the Tudors, so bullet-pointed notes on Henry VIII's foreign policy, then on Henry VIII's government and governing style etc)

Also planning essays is a good revision source too because you'll be practicing exam technique and recalling whatever you've previously learned too
pinkfluffystuff
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by blurryyface)Doing AQA A_Level History too but different topics. Like everyone else mentioned, mindmaps are really helpful yeah but for me personally I prefer timelines and bullet-pointed notes about all the specific areas of focus. (For example, I'm doing the Tudors, so bullet-pointed notes on Henry VIII's foreign policy, then on Henry VIII's government and governing style etc)

Also planning essays is a good revision source too because you'll be practicing exam technique and recalling whatever you've previously learned too

essay plans are a really good way to revise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (53)
24.09%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.64%