The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester social life?

How good is the social and party scene at Manchester? Is there a good diversity of clubs and bars in Manchester? Is Manchester diverse and multicultural? I know Manchester is the largest Uni in the country so I am expecting good social life but I just want to hear peoples opinions.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Alexty28
How good is the social and party scene at Manchester?

Not good unless you have money

Is there a good diversity of clubs and bars in Manchester?

Yes. Well, there's a good number of them, not necessarily differing in social groups.

Is Manchester diverse and multicultural?

No. Especially not its hotspots. It's, I've heard it be called, "over whelmingly" white and either deprived or pretentiously posh.
*Im on about the town, not the uni.

Have fun bye xx
How good is the social and party scene at Manchester? Is there a good diversity of clubs and bars in Manchester? Is Manchester diverse and multicultural? I know Manchester is the largest Uni in the country so I am expecting good social life but I just want to hear peoples opinions.

> How good is the social and party scene at Manchester?

It depends where you are and what you're into. Fallowfield has a lot of house parties and societies have lots of events, though the number of clubs is going slowly but surely down as the city gentrifies.

>Is there a good diversity of clubs and bars in Manchester?

So-so. There are a lot of samey clubs; the main "alternative" clubs being 42s and Satan's Hollow. It depends what you're into; there are a lot of electronic venues, for example.

>Is Manchester diverse and multicultural?

Absolutely. I don't know what the guy above me is chatting, tbh. Has he not seen the curry mile, Chinatown, etc?
Reply 4
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Not good unless you have money

I thought Manchester was quite cheap? I mean it has to cheaper than London right?
I thought Manchester was quite cheap? I mean it has to cheaper than London right?

anywhere is cheaper than london m8
lol was about to say
Dirt cheap, easy to do a night out on a tenner

Sheer amount of clubs means you're always going to find something that suits your taste

Very multicultural, probably one of the hotspots in the country.

First reply has clearly never been to Manny
I’m not really fussed about the cost as guys end up buying me drinks 😂 but yeah it’s quite diverse and there are so many clubs and bars you’ll never get through them all
I mean it really depends on the club that you go to whether it’s cheap or not. Like if you’re into like a heels and smart shoes only type of clubs then that’s going to be expensive for you but if you’re into the rave scene then cheaper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending