The Student Room Group

upcoming Tort Law Exam please help

- -
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by janetapple
which of the following topics is the easiest and fastest to study for exam for someone who has almost not knowledge of tort law
Negligent misstatement (essay question)
problem question:
-assault, battery & false imprisonment
-occupiers liability acts
-nuisance & drylands v fletcher
-Psychiatric injury

Almost No knowledge of Tort Law? Seems quite odd. But I wont judge

From experience and as someone who always prefer problem questions.

I found Occupiers, Nuisance/Rylands the easiest topic to learn for problem questions. Then as a third option i would go with assault, battery, false imprisonment. Then the othrr two, you can decide what order you want to pick first.

However, dont simply revise those topics as problem questions only, since it may well come up as an essay. In my case occupiers turned up as an essay during undergrad.

Luckily I came prepared, i revised every single topic as problem questions, with 4 topics throughly revised at least.

Was it pointless to revise every single question? Maybe.. but i have no regrets.
Reply 2
Original post by DarkChaoz95
Almost No knowledge of Tort Law? Seems quite odd. But I wont judge

From experience and as someone who always prefer problem questions.

I found Occupiers, Nuisance/Rylands the easiest topic to learn for problem questions. Then as a third option i would go with assault, battery, false imprisonment. Then the othrr two, you can decide what order you want to pick first.

However, dont simply revise those topics as problem questions only, since it may well come up as an essay. In my case occupiers turned up as an essay during undergrad.

Luckily I came prepared, i revised every single topic as problem questions, with 4 topics throughly revised at least.

Was it pointless to revise every single question? Maybe.. but i have no regrets.

Thanks for this! I really appreciate. would you possibly know of EU as well ?

1) freedom of movement of goods
2) freedom of movement of persons
3) challenges against EU action (with emphasis on direct action)
4) the development of human rights protection in the EU legal system

with numbers 1& 2 being problem questions and number 3& 4 being essay questions, which 2 are you likely to pack during exams as easiest ?
Reply 3
Question spotting is a bad idea. Skeptical. However:

Whichever topics you pick in Tort and EU you must also know the pervasive topics such as contrib neg for Tort, and structure for answering questions, especially if you're examining liability etc.

You need to know your cases and their principles, too, otherwise you won't be able to back up your points and get marks for applying the law.
Reply 4
Original post by Mimir
Question spotting is a bad idea. Skeptical. However:

Whichever topics you pick in Tort and EU you must also know the pervasive topics such as contrib neg for Tort, and structure for answering questions, especially if you're examining liability etc.

You need to know your cases and their principles, too, otherwise you won't be able to back up your points and get marks for applying the law.

I do understand this, however I have got very little time to study, as little as 4 days to study for both tort and eu exams.
question spotting is my best bet. I do regret waiting this long. but I do need advice..
Reply 5
I do understand this, however I have got very little time to study, as little as 4 days to study for both tort and eu exams.
question spotting is my best bet. I do regret waiting this long. but I do need advice..

I have given you the benefit of some advice.

Having crammed Tort in one evening and passing (just!) a couple of years ago, I'm well placed to address your question.

If you choose to see my post not as "advice" then that's your choice.
(edited 5 years ago)

At this point, if you dont want to listen to advice we give then I guess there's not much you can do since people will just say the same thing. If you dont want to listen then do what you think its best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending