The Student Room Group

Graphics design for A level

I'm in year 11 now and I'll sit my GCSEs in the summer. I moved in England last year so I didn't have a big choice for my GCSE subjects. I've been into art, mainly digital, and that's what I want to do but the problem is that I'm not doing any art-based subject or ICT. Most of my predicted grades for my subjects are 6-8. Do you think i can get in any sixth form/college and study graphics design? May you also suggest some good sixth forms or/and colleges for art and design in London. Thanks guys.
(edited 5 years ago)
If you do lots of digital art outside of school you could put together a portfolio of that and take it to your sixth form interviews? The requirements are up to the college but it's not unusual for people to take DT at A-level who didn't do it at GCSE
To apply for A-Level Graphic Design, depending on the sixth form/college requirements, you would need a portfolio if you didn't take (and pass) and the subject at GCSE. Most of my A-Level class didn't do Graphic Design so it's quite common.

https://helpyouchoose.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.courses&sid=320243&fid=31004&start=3&page=1&records=9&order=rel
These are all the colleges in London that do Art & Design (although I searched 'Graphic Design' so all results may not be on the list)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending