PGCE Biology Interview Watch

Shak24
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

For my teacher training interview I have an subject specific written task, which they have said we will find out what it is on the day. Has anyone had this for their interviews if so what was it like ? Im quite nervous about it.. I'm a Psych Grad so I'm not very up to date on all my biology and other sciences. I am planning on asking to do an SKE if i get on the course.

Any help/suggestions will be welcomed greatly.

The interview is with Harris Academy Teacher Training
SarcAndSpark
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I've moved your thread to the teaching sub-forum

I haven't been to this specific interview (and on TSR we do ask that people don't share specifics of surprise tasks as it's unfair) but honestly, these written tasks aren't usually too high level. It will often ask about how you would teach a particular topic (e.g. photosynthesis/respiration/cells or whatever) and maybe ask you to discuss a lesson plan or how you'd engage children on the topic. Usually, these tasks won't be looking for a really high level discussion of the topics- they know many applicants may be a bit rusty/not experts on everything.

It would be a good idea to familiarise yourself with the science curriculum for KS3 and 4, as you may be asked about this at interview anyway and it will give you some idea of the topics likely to come up.

Good luck!
SarinahK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I’m applying to teach biology and I’ve got interviews coming up. I just wanted to know what kinds of questions they would ask about the national curriculum. Would I need to know the curriculum for all three sciences up to gcse’s?

Any help would be grateful. Thank you
Shak24
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Both interviews I had asked different questions. I would say go over revision stuff for all 3 sciences I had past paper questions for 1 interview and a question on recent research in a scientific area and how it links into the NC. TES is a good site. And then the normal interview questions.
Shak24
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Both interviews I had asked different questions. I would say go over revision stuff for all 3 sciences I had past paper questions for 1 interview and a question on recent research in a scientific area and how it links into the NC. TES is a good site. And then the normal interview questions.
(Original post by SarinahK)
Hi,

I’m applying to teach biology and I’ve got interviews coming up. I just wanted to know what kinds of questions they would ask about the national curriculum. Would I need to know the curriculum for all three sciences up to gcse’s?

Any help would be grateful. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.77%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (47)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (65)
14.04%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (49)
10.58%
How can I be the best version of myself? (141)
30.45%

Watched Threads