KW300417
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Currently living with someone who’s a stoner and when going out does lines and lines of Ket, Mandy and Pills. I don’t have a problem with this his life but he judges me because I don’t. He has dealers rock up to the flat thundering on the door and the police have been in to question him as well.

The flatmate plays music at painful volumes to an extent that we’ve noise complaints from people the other end of the street. He brings people back constantly and partying until 7am every Tuesday and Friday night when I have uni and also work.

The flatmate has stolen my booze and is now claiming he has not refusing any responsibility. He’s also taken all of glasses, my plates, pans, cutlery and I have been left with nothing as it must be in his bedroom.

Any time I bring anything up I’m accused of harassment and/or racism and am currently blocked on social media. He is paranoid all the time (drugs not helping that) and has a vendetta against me. He makes horrible remarks about my lifestyle and my weight all the time. He lies constantly to my face even when I catch him out he denies it. Puts words in my mouth and is highly manipulative.

My physical and mental health can’t cope and my university grades are falling through the floor. I can’t keep going. Please help and convince me I’m not going crazy.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KW300417)
If this is Uni halls, let the uni accommodation office know.

If this is a privately-rented accommodation, let the landlord know.

If all else fails, consider calling the police (re: drugs, not noise)?

In the meantime, buy a safe for your stuff or leave your stuff at Uni (if you have a locker there).
Last edited by ecolier; 1 year ago
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Currently living with someone who’s a stoner and when going out does lines and lines of Ket, Mandy and Pills. I don’t have a problem with this his life but he judges me because I don’t. He has dealers rock up to the flat thundering on the door and the police have been in to question him as well.

The flatmate plays music at painful volumes to an extent that we’ve noise complaints from people the other end of the street. He brings people back constantly and partying until 7am every Tuesday and Friday night when I have uni and also work.

The flatmate has stolen my booze and is now claiming he has not refusing any responsibility. He’s also taken all of glasses, my plates, pans, cutlery and I have been left with nothing as it must be in his bedroom.

Any time I bring anything up I’m accused of harassment and/or racism and am currently blocked on social media. He is paranoid all the time (drugs not helping that) and has a vendetta against me. He makes horrible remarks about my lifestyle and my weight all the time. He lies constantly to my face even when I catch him out he denies it. Puts words in my mouth and is highly manipulative.

My physical and mental health can’t cope and my university grades are falling through the floor. I can’t keep going. Please help and convince me I’m not going crazy.
Have you spoken to your tutor about these problems? Can you lock stuff in your room?
KW300417
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Have you spoken to your tutor about these problems? Can you lock stuff in your room?
Hi I have spoken to my tutor but they can’t do anything as it’s an ongoing issue.

I live in private halls so the landlord treats them as private owned flats. As a result they can only enter with a given notice period or in an emergency situation and when the police are called they can’t do anything as they’re always too busy. It’s not covered by insurance either.

I don’t own a locker at uni and I can’t get a safe as at the minute I don’t have any belongings left and I don’t have any money either to replace the stuff that’s left thanks to Christmas and my pay not coming in til next month.
KW300417
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)If this is Uni halls, let the uni accommodation office know.

If this is a privately-rented accommodation, let the landlord know.

If all else fails, consider calling the police (re: drugs, not noise)?

In the meantime, buy a safe for your stuff or leave your stuff at Uni (if you have a locker there).

Hi - thanks for the quick reply I’ve put a more detailed response in the post above!
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you have the ability to kick him out?

Or flush his drugs away and tell him to piss off? I know that won’t help but it’s a nice thought.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Find somewhere else to live before things escalate to the point of violence.
This individual has got an insatiable appetite for committing crimes, a chronic lack of consideration, contempt for other people's property and a long list of allegations to divert attention from his own wrong doing.

If you are inclined to get a police reference number, go down to the police station, file a theft report and let them know that you suspect that your junkie flatmate or his drug dealers are involved.
Police are allowed to enter the premises and search for your lost items, if you allow them access to your home and give them permission to search.
If they have sufficient reasonable suspicion of a crime to force the nightmare flatmates locked room door open, that's his problem not yours.
KW300417
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
Do you have the ability to kick him out?

Or flush his drugs away and tell him to piss off? I know that won’t help but it’s a nice thought.
Apparently basically impossible to kick someone out. I would love to flush them but sadly permenantly in his body! Except the very tiny remains on our worktops - tasty!
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Apparently basically impossible to kick someone out. I would love to flush them but sadly permenantly in his body! Except the very tiny remains on our worktops - tasty!
Does he ever pass out? That’s your chance to f*ck with him.
Steal your stuff back and mess with his.

Maybe I’m not helping but surely imagining this is fun.
Last edited by Bio 7; 1 year ago
KW300417
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Find somewhere else to live before things escalate to the point of violence.
This individual has got an insatiable appetite for committing crimes, a chronic lack of consideration, contempt for other people's property and a long list of allegations to divert attention from his own wrong doing.

If you are inclined to get a police reference number, go down to the police station, file a theft report and let them know that you suspect that your junkie flatmate or his drug dealers are involved.
Police are allowed to enter the premises and search for your lost items, if you allow them access to your home and give them permission to search.
If they have sufficient reasonable suspicion of a crime to force the nightmare flatmates locked room door open, that's his problem not yours.
I suspect he’s got some kind of underlying mental health issue (anxiety) and has been medicating with pot to the point that it’s rolled into 5/6 joints a day. My flat smells like an old mans pub and crack den!

I’m hoping he’s not a violent individual and believe going to the police would further aggravate the situation and afraid this might be more of a negative outcome than a positive but I’ll keep it in mind thank you.

I think I’m easy to live with and have had over 20 flatmates and the most open minded person going but here we are whining constantly!
KW300417
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
Does her ever pass out? That’s your chance to f*ck with him.
Steal your stuff back and mess with his.

Maybe I’m not helping but surely imagining this is fun.
Haha sadly he never passes out but it is a joyous thought 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (41)
16.02%
I'm not sure (8)
3.13%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (92)
35.94%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.56%
I'm not a current university student (111)
43.36%

Watched Threads