username4385788
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I emailed Exeter university enquiring about their entry requirements for law and whether they accept a level 3 health and social course for their law course, which they said they do and i have found out too late as i have already sent off my application a while ago now.

Is it safer to get into extra or adjustment?
Also, will my personal statement matter? Because in my personal statement, i have included about criminology and law (which i have applied to in different unis) but now i want to do JUST law in exeter uni, so will it matter?
Svesh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think it will matter but ask them if they will require another personal statement and you should be able to email it to them to attach to the ucas application
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Syipx)
So I emailed Exeter university enquiring about their entry requirements for law and whether they accept a level 3 health and social course for their law course, which they said they do and i have found out too late as i have already sent off my application a while ago now.

Is it safer to get into extra or adjustment?
Also, will my personal statement matter? Because in my personal statement, i have included about criminology and law (which i have applied to in different unis) but now i want to do JUST law in exeter uni, so will it matter?
If you are the person who raised this previously the big question is whether Exeter will be available in Extra or Adjustment. Based on previous years it is unlikely that Exeter will have Law in clearing or adjustment. For a number of years there were very few courses in clearing or adjustment at Streatham for UK students. It was slightly different last year which may well have been the impact of the racial issues with the Broxton Law society. There is no guarantee Exeter will have Law in adjustment so Extra is your better option if it is available. As far as your PS is concerned I dont think it will present major problems. Your predicted grades for Btec exceeded the entry requirements so there is an excellent chance of getting an offer if Exeter still have places in Extra.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...clearing-2018/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (166)
14.6%
I'm not sure (52)
4.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (335)
29.46%
I have already dropped out (34)
2.99%
I'm not a current university student (550)
48.37%

Watched Threads