ReadilySalted
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone!
I heard back from liverpool university yesterday about the liverpool university scholars programme, and they have offered me a place!! In case you guys don't know what it is, it is a programme ran by liverpool university which help disadvantaged students living in the liverpool area. It allows your entry requirements to reduce 2 a-level grades so for example if the conditional requirement was AAA, the requirements for a scholar would be ABB. Also if you are a scholar, you will be guaranteed a place at The University Of Liverpool. I just wanted to know if anyone else has been given this amazing opportunity and what you would like to study in the future. I wish to study dentistry and hope to be accepted with the grades ABB.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I just finished the programme as a medic applicant
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
You were in the liverpool scholars programme as well? Did you graduate from medicine this year from liverpool?
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
You were in the liverpool scholars programme as well? Did you graduate from medicine this year from liverpool?
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ReadilySalted)
Finished the Scholar's programme. I applied to Medicine this year
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
Finished the Scholar's programme. I applied to Medicine this year
Wow that's great! So will they consider you if you got ABB?
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow that's great! So will they consider you if you got ABB?
For medicine, they consider you for interview if you get 12 points at GCSE (A*/A=2 and B=1).
You only need to predicted ABB to be considered as well yes.
If you pass the interview the offer will be ABB
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
For medicine, they consider you for interview if you get 12 points at GCSE (A*/A=2 and B=1).
You only need to predicted ABB to be considered as well yes.
If you pass the interview the offer will be ABB
Wow that's amazing! If you don't mind telling me how your experience went with the shcolars programme? Would love to hear about it, also what is your predicted grades, and what other universities have you applied for?
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow that's amazing! If you don't mind telling me how your experience went with the shcolars programme? Would love to hear about it, also what is your predicted grades, and what other universities have you applied for?
For medicine, it is quite useful. They hold a few events that explain medicine at Liverpool (what you need, what the course is like, who they are looking for). They also give medics opportunities to interview doctors, shadow a 3rd year student performing an exam etc. They also do interview preperation.
Very good, I would recommened.
You have to pass the assignment in order to get a reduced offer btw.
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
For medicine, it is quite useful. They hold a few events that explain medicine at Liverpool (what you need, what the course is like, who they are looking for). They also give medics opportunities to interview doctors, shadow a 3rd year student performing an exam etc. They also do interview preperation.
Very good, I would recommened.
You have to pass the assignment in order to get a reduced offer btw.
Oh right ok, do you know how the dentistry one is like because that is what I hope to do at university? Also what type of assignment do you have to do? What was your assignment on, do they give you something to work on?
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh right ok, do you know how the dentistry one is like because that is what I hope to do at university? Also what type of assignment do you have to do? What was your assignment on, do they give you something to work on?
You can do the assignment on anything you like, but you may want to choose something related to dentistry.

I don't know what they do for dentistry students sorry but I am sure they do similar amounts of events as they do for medicine. Plus that interview course was alsp for dentistry.
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
What did you do for the programme, like what events did you need to go to? Also how long does the course last for?
ReadilySalted
Rep:
?
You can do the assignment on anything you like, but you may want to choose something related to dentistry.

I don't know what they do for dentistry students sorry but I am sure they do similar amounts of events as they do for medicine. Plus that interview course was alsp for dentistry.
What did you do for the programme, like what events did you need to go to? also how long does the course last for?

Did you hear back from Liverpool about interviews??
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hello! This is kind of an old thread but must you live in Liverpool to apply to this programme?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.47%
No (53)
22.46%
Not sure (45)
19.07%

Watched Threads