The Student Room Group

Does anyone do DT?

how are u revising for it? and which board and stuff do you do, cos if you do the one i do, maybe you'd get it more idk lol

but yeh, GCSE Design Technology anyone? :biggrin:
There are lots of people doing DT in the Design and Technology Forum :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
There are lots of people doing DT in the Design and Technology Forum :smile:

kay thank u :smile:
Original post by ohdahnnyboi
kay thank u :smile:

No worries :smile:
How are you finding the course? If you have any questions then feel free to ask (am a product design undergrad)
How are you finding the course? If you have any questions then feel free to ask (am a product design undergrad)

it's alright - more independent than other coursework i've done - we've recently had a change of staff and other logistical issues, which has been a little disruptive ngl. my coursework is a little behind, but we'll get there :biggrin:

Hey, would you have any tips on how to revise for the written gcse exam. For OCR its 50% and there's barely any past papers/specimen papers to do. Any advice would be appreciated!
Original post by Incarcarus
Hey, would you have any tips on how to revise for the written gcse exam. For OCR its 50% and there's barely any past papers/specimen papers to do. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey sorry for the late reply
Honestly the best way to revise in my experience is to look at the products around you and ask yourself the following questions:
- How has it been manufactured?
- What are the good points about the design?
- What would you improve about it

It's also really helpful to watch documentaries such as Inside the Factory and youtube videos on how things are made (there's a series called How it's Made on youtube)
this way no matter what product comes up you will have had enough practise to apply yourself to the question
Original post by ohdahnnyboi
it's alright - more independent than other coursework i've done - we've recently had a change of staff and other logistical issues, which has been a little disruptive ngl. my coursework is a little behind, but we'll get there :biggrin:

Good to hear dude :hugs: keep us updated and good luck to you :crossedf:

Quick Reply

Latest