The Student Room Group

Did I get Lied to by a University?

I recently went to a DMU interview and they mentioned that
'no offers will be made until all applicants have been interviewed unless an
applicant hits all the criteria they will have a response within a week or so'
so i assumed i wouldn't be hearing back from them but, a week and a few days I got an offer. I'm pretty sure I did awful in my interview which makes me question why I got an offer so quickly.

Do you think the Uni just said those things so when i do get an offer i'll feel more inclined to choose?

Has anyone else got a quick reply from DMU speech language therapy?
Original post by Samama.S
I recently went to a DMU interview and they mentioned that
'no offers will be made until all applicants have been interviewed unless an
applicant hits all the criteria they will have a response within a week or so'
so i assumed i wouldn't be hearing back from them but, a week and a few days I got an offer. I'm pretty sure I did awful in my interview which makes me question why I got an offer so quickly.

Do you think the Uni just said those things so when i do get an offer i'll feel more inclined to choose?

Has anyone else got a quick reply from DMU speech language therapy?

Perhaps they thought you had everything they were looking for.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Perhaps they thought you had everything they were looking for.

I didn't even have the entry grades
ngl, a uni like DMU will do things like this to secure students. I'm not even trying to sound elitist but a lot of lower-end university big themselves up or give out many unconditionals in an attempt to secure students. for example, I applied to UEL for 2017 entry as my back up uni, they gave me an unconditional offer less than 24 hours after my application was processed, i didn't have the grades yet, but was predicted higher than what they were asking for. You were most likely lied to.

Quick Reply

Latest