The Student Room Group

Miley Cyrus updates 'Santa Baby' with cringey feminist lyrics

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46645830

Apparently the idea of a woman wanting presents from Santa is sexist because they can 'buy their own damn stuff.'

Sorry, ladies, it looks like you can buy your own fantasy yachts and cars for Christmas this year (according to millionaire feminist Miley Cyrus.) Miley also wants "equal pay" even though she probably doesn't know what an average paystub looks like.

I don't know what's dumber: Miley Cyrus or the media making her out to be some kind of clever feminist hero.

Scroll to see replies

The song is full of sexual innuendo and is cringeworthy enough by itself. I think it’s an abomination of a song, so I’m sure the new version is no worse.
The song is cringeworthy any why I hate it
that song sucks, the office keeps playing, it the shops keep playing, restaurants..keep playing it. Is it the one Im thinking of:

"santa baby. hurry down the chimney tonighttttt?"

there's a version work plays, some playlist on shuffle all day, does my head in! And it was so uncomfortable how the woman sings it, all burlesque type. Was gonna vomit. IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
wow what a powerful politcal statement, this really has changed my perception of women and feminism I really now understand what we all have been doing wrong thanks to this song. Said no one ever.
Santa Cavy is a far better version
I'd say the media is more to blame. They're the ones giving her front-page news headlines for this utter nonsense.
'Because diversity sells... but not as much as hot women.'
Original post by CoolCavy
Santa Cavy is a far better version

Cavy baby, slip a hamster under the tree, for me 🎄
Original post by Pachuco
Cavy baby, slip a hamster under the tree, for me 🎄

Omg :rofl:
🎄
🐹
And this is why, when these celebs tell you how to vote, nobody takes any notice..
Original post by CoolCavy
Omg :rofl:
🎄
🐹

Thank u 💜
It would be cool if she had a word with her Godmother, Dolly Parton and told her to update the lyrics of Jolene, which Miley herself has performed on several occasions.
Original post by Trinculo
It would be cool if she had a word with her Godmother, Dolly Parton and told her to update the lyrics of Jolene, which Miley herself has performed on several occasions.

Dolly seems more interested in Jolene than she does her man tbh :hubba:
I preferred it when she used her tits and arse on the wrecking Ball to sell records.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Just my opinion
I preferred it when she used her tits and arse on the wrecking Ball to sell records.

Yeah, I think she should stick to what she knows and stay out of social politics. Celebrities in their progressive-to-a-fault California bubble rarely know what they're talking about anyway.
I like it
Original post by Just my opinion

Yeah, such strong feminist principles!
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Yeah, such strong feminist principles!

One of their main tenets is hypocrisy so it does kinda make sense...page three girls and grid girls are objectification of women!!!!!! its sexism!!! screamed the free the nipple, say no to bras, bare breasted feminist as she marched down the street!!
Original post by Dandaman1
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46645830

Apparently the idea of a woman wanting presents from Santa is sexist because they can 'buy their own damn stuff.'

Sorry, ladies, it looks like you can buy your own fantasy yachts and cars for Christmas this year (according to millionaire feminist Miley Cyrus.) Miley also wants "equal pay" even though she probably doesn't know what an average paystub looks like.

I don't know what's dumber: Miley Cyrus or the media making her out to be some kind of clever feminist hero.

Media want to sell their product, any controversy is beneficial for them especially in the days of views counters.

Want to fight to fight them- just ignore them.

Speaking of equality; a majority of people who die during their work are men, a majority of people in prisons are men, a majority of people killed in violent crimes are men, a majority of homeless are men, a majority of people working overtime are men. Do you want to equalize that Miley?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending