This discussion is closed.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
wtf is the x factor?

i dont watch much TV unless its sport or factual documentaries.
it is like pop idol. People sing for a recording contract. The judges are Louis Walsh, Simon Cowell and Sharon Osborne.
marychrist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
She's bloody terrible. People seem to think that being able to belt things out very loud equates to a good voice. Can you imagine listening to 45 minutes' worth (i.e. a CD) of her shouting ?
I concur completely.
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
She's bloody terrible. People seem to think that being able to belt things out very loud equates to a good voice. Can you imagine listening to 45 minutes' worth (i.e. a CD) of her shouting ?
a lot of people like her. she wont win it though
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Louis has to start giving G4 better songs.

And that should start with them singing Bohemian Rhapsody as they did in their first audition. If they sing that again, they probably won't be in the bottom two, at least for that show anyway.

Tabby is still favourite with the bookies, followed by Rowetta just behind him.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
I think Louis has to start giving G4 better songs.

And that should start with them singing Bohemian Rhapsody as they did in their first audition. If they sing that again, they probably won't be in the bottom two, at least for that show anyway.

Tabby is still favourite with the bookies, followed by Rowetta just behind him.
I thought G4 were amazing last night, so shocked they were in the bottom two. I'm watching it again at the minute on ITV2, they brought tears to my eyes!!

I was glad VWS went out though, they annoyed me in the first week when they were so ungracious about being in the bottom two. I heard them described as the Weather Girls on the radio the other day, so true!!

Not a big fan of Rowetta, as far as I'm concerned she's had her chance, she was a backing singer for the Happy Mondays, she's had a singing career, give someone else a chance!!
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I thought G4 were amazing last night, so shocked they were in the bottom two. I'm watching it again at the minute on ITV2, they brought tears to my eyes!!

I was glad VWS went out though, they annoyed me in the first week when they were so ungracious about being in the bottom two. I heard them described as the Weather Girls on the radio the other day, so true!!

Not a big fan of Rowetta, as far as I'm concerned she's had her chance, she was a backing singer for the Happy Mondays, she's had a singing career, give someone else a chance!!
I thought the bottom two last night should have been Steve and Rowetta. I'm not a huge fan of VWS, but they did sound amazing last night, as were G4. I've never been impressed with anything Steve has sung, not much with Rowetta as she just yells her songs out. Steve just gets the bored housewife's vote and Rowetta...well I dunno. I wanted to punch Simon Cowell when he was so smug last night - his are easily the worst 2 acts.
Ventricles
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
personally i love G4!!!! i think there fantastic and have great voices, i was gutted they were in the bottom two, i also like tabby as he's rock and thats my type of stuff.
BUT cassie has to go next week, ireally don't know how she's stayed so long!
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
I thought the bottom two last night should have been Steve and Rowetta. I'm not a huge fan of VWS, but they did sound amazing last night, as were G4. I've never been impressed with anything Steve has sung, not much with Rowetta as she just yells her songs out. Steve just gets the bored housewife's vote and Rowetta...well I dunno. I wanted to punch Simon Cowell when he was so smug last night - his are easily the worst 2 acts.
I have to agree with you, I thought at least one of Simon's acts should have gone. They can't win it, who would realistically go and see either of them in concert? The people who tend to go to gigs are young people (yes I know I'm stereotyping) and they are not going to go and see someone old enough to be their parents. The only older artists people go and see are established acts who were fanous when they were younger!!
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
steve reminds me of my 20 year old flat mates 36 year old boyfriend. Tres gross. They're both (him and steve) really slimey and up themselves imo. Simon's peeps shouldn't win... but then again, i don't care who does really, i just don't wanna watch strictly come dancing lol
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Exactly - establishing yourself as an artist when you're that age isn't going to get you an army of young fans - and its the younger age groups that probably put most money into the music industry, buy the singles, go to the concerts, etc. Personally I like Tabby - its nice to see someone different in he competition, who doesn't just sing the usual kareoke hits that have been done 5 zillion times before.
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think i am the only one in this forum that likes Steve and doesn't like Tabby. Tabby just gets the young girls vote, and the wannabe rockers.....if he was in a band, i can't see the logic in entering a pop talent contest.....sure, he wasn't earning no money when he was with his band.....but thats like many bands out there, you just have to keep trying and hopefully be able to make it big one day
rather then selling out and entering a pop talent show.

:rolleyes:
RealityIsDull
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Go tabby!! Steve really annoys me...he acts so up him self and grins no matter what he is singing about! TABBY RULES!!
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by RealityIsDull)
Go tabby!! Steve really annoys me...he acts so up him self and grins no matter what he is singing about! TABBY RULES!!
i agree! he needs to go! He can't really sing that good!

over 100 votes on the poll too!
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
it is like pop idol. People sing for a recording contract. The judges are Louis Walsh, Simon Cowell and Sharon Osborne.
that sounds original.

i bet it doesnt break from form in that its still full of crap singers?
LPK
Rep:
?
that sounds original.

i bet it doesnt break from form in that its still full of crap singers?
it has 4 good singers. Tabby, Cassie, g4 and Rowetta. The rest are nothing special.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it has 4 good singers. Tabby, Cassie, g4 and Rowetta. The rest are nothing special.
likely scenario :

some immigrant / homosexual / transexual / obese / or other politically correct muppet wins

said winner gets multi album deal from lame ass record company

said winner releases some 5th generation rip off of a "classic" or remixes something tragic released in the last 18 months, or heaven forbid some crap christmas tune which get drilled into our heads in the coming weeks until we pray to christ (should he exist) that he ends their existence.

said winners novelty fades off and they get the sack while the teens and that snide bastad cowell move onto Z factor, lame idol or some other piece of trash television.

has been winner hangs about on talk shows and still thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread.

whatever happened to musicians or people with skill?

end rant
Lucy4Happiness
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
likely scenario :

some immigrant / homosexual / transexual / obese / or other politically correct muppet wins

said winner gets multi album deal from lame ass record company

said winner releases some 5th generation rip off of a "classic" or remixes something tragic released in the last 18 months, or heaven forbid some crap christmas tune which get drilled into our heads in the coming weeks until we pray to christ (should he exist) that he ends their existence.

said winners novelty fades off and they get the sack while the teens and that snide bastad cowell move onto Z factor, lame idol or some other piece of trash television.

has been winner hangs about on talk shows and still thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread.

whatever happened to musicians or people with skill?

end rant
Wow, u no what; that sounds about right. But it's actually wrong. The show has no immigrants, homesexuals, transexual or obese people. However Voices With Soul were all overweight. I know what you are saying in your post but it turns out this isn't the same scenario for EVERY programme, although I know it can seem like this sometimes. I think your narrow-minded views get you through like by dismissing other people when you think they are wrong. The truth is you are probably quite clever and have observed televison, and the same repetative things it shows, throughtout your life.
TV can, I agree, seem to be boring as producers, director, editors, presenters and the suchliek use the same ideas everytime but sometimes they ahev dfferent ideas or slightly corrupt ideas. Please do not think just because the people who have posted in this thread, who have watched the programme, are sad, etc, because it doesn't mean that. It simply means you have different ideas. So by assuming the begining of the programme its contents and what the outcome will be you are insulting the people who have posted. By saying they are too thick to realise the plot of the show altogther or by insinuating that if they do know what wil happen then to still watch the show is stupid. Maybe they will not think so but it is how I interpret your post. Try not to insult people because I don't think anybody likes to be insulted.
By the way i have looked over this post to search for anything you could take insulting and I hope you do not find it to be insulting because that is not how I intended it. Thanx .
tom717
Report 14 years ago
x factor sucks
LPK
Rep:
?
(Original post by tom717)
x factor sucks
it is brilliant! better than pop idol and fame academy!
Majmun
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it is brilliant! better than pop idol and fame academy!
Yeh, I agree. It rocks! Altho people, GET RID OF ROWETTA. Shes awful
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.45%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.35%
No, but I want to start (271)
37.53%
No, I am unable to (173)
23.96%
No, I chose not to (200)
27.7%