The Student Room Group

I was recorded sleeping on the job

My employer sent me a video of me sleeping on the job in a care home. I am a support worker. Nothing came of it apart from a little go at me and his perception of me has changed.

Now i just realised my manager was the one who recorded me as I remember this moment. And now he has sent it to my employer the directing manager of the company. I want to confront my manager about this and have a confrontation about it. Advice?
if the worst comes to the worst you can easily find another care sector job. Brexit has caused tens of thousands of hard working Europeans to leave the UK where they were the backbone of the care sector.
You fell asleep at work. The boss can share that with anyone in the company he wants/need to
Original post by GothicShield
My employer sent me a video of me sleeping on the job in a care home. I am a support worker. Nothing came of it apart from a little go at me and his perception of me has changed.

Now i just realised my manager was the one who recorded me as I remember this moment. And now he has sent it to my employer the directing manager of the company. I want to confront my manager about this and have a confrontation about it. Advice?

Man up and apologise because you fell asleep when working in a care home. Any confrontation should be the director telling you that you are fired for falling asleep when you're meant to be caring for people.
It is a semi independent care home for 18 year olds...theres 3 od them in the house . They were all out and i fell asleep for an hour and my manager recorded me and he let me rest btw. And he kept this recording for months and just sent it to my boss to make it look like i always sleep.
Original post by Apachecow
You fell asleep at work. The boss can share that with anyone in the company he wants/need to

The boss didnt share it. My co worker and senior member shared it to my boss as he was the one recording me.
It doesn’t matter if the 18 year olds weren’t there; falling asleep on the job is never a good thing. You don’t seem to be taking responsibility for your actions at all. Maybe they handled it in a sh$&@ way, but YOU were in the wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest