Law- contract law queries

Watch this thread
Surabhi Somani
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys! I had a couple of queries regarding contract law that I need help with and would appreciate!

I know the postal rule does not apply to emails, so what happens if someone accepts an offer via email and email is sent hours later due to server problem but by the time email is sent the offeror wants to revoke the offer even after acceptance? Can they do that?
Also in this case the offeror says that they will offer a thousand pounds to the oferee if they find 5 people to help out with the event is this an invitation to treat or offer?
Thanks for help xx
username3689312
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Don't post multiple threads on the same issue, it is going to annoy people.

You really need to start reading a contract law book because all the answers will be in there. I've told you a quick google search brings up all the answers you need.

Stop being lazy and go do some research.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by james_law)
Don't post multiple threads on the same issue, it is going to annoy people.

You really need to start reading a contract law book because all the answers will be in there. I've told you a quick google search brings up all the answers you need.

Stop being lazy and go do some research.
You tell 'em, Jimmy lad.
LWS08
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Anyone know if the rules regarding offer & acceptance apply to other forms of communication between the parties?

Basically, if a seller of a business discovers that a new business is opening on the same street, and informs the potential buyer via fax, but the fax is illegible, and the contract is concluded, will the buyer have a claim?
username3689312
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LWS08)
Anyone know if the rules regarding offer & acceptance apply to other forms of communication between the parties?

Basically, if a seller of a business discovers that a new business is opening on the same street, and informs the potential buyer via fax, but the fax is illegible, and the contract is concluded, will the buyer have a claim?
Again look in your contract law book.

Your question makes no sense.... what is he informing about via fax???
LWS08
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by james_law)
Again look in your contract law book.

Your question makes no sense.... what is he informing about via fax???
So basically, the PQ is on misrepresentation - the D has sold his business to C - but in the course of negotiations he has made a number of misrepresentations. One issue is that he discovered a similar business was being opened on the same street as his - so he faxed the buyer to tell him - but the fax was illegible - and the contract was concluded. I'm just not sure if I can use the rules for offer + acceptance when it was just part of the negotiations?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads