Course choices Watch

Science girl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
Can anyone help me please? I have to make my course choices soon and I really like science but I have to pick two subjects from expressive arts. This is the column I am really stuck on. The options are art and design, music, Spanish, practical cookery and PE. I can’t do music because I don’t play an instrument and I really hate PE. My teachers just tell me to pick what I like but I like to know a bit more info about these subjects. Has anyone done these subjects at Nat 5? How did you find them?
Thanks ☺️🧬🧪
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Science girl)
Hi,
Can anyone help me please? I have to make my course choices soon and I really like science but I have to pick two subjects from expressive arts. This is the column I am really stuck on. The options are art and design, music, Spanish, practical cookery and PE. I can’t do music because I don’t play an instrument and I really hate PE. My teachers just tell me to pick what I like but I like to know a bit more info about these subjects. Has anyone done these subjects at Nat 5? How did you find them?
Thanks ☺️🧬🧪
Of those, I've done Music at Nat 5, and also did French (the format of the course/exam for all modern languages is the same)...I definitely wouldn't do music of you don't already play any instruments, unless you have done well with whatever you get to play in class. For French (or Spanish in your case), I didn't particularly enjoy it, but that was because I kind of had to do it, rather than liking the subject. You have to do all of speaking, listening reading and writing for the exam, but the speaking is done in advance of May. Although I didn't really enjoy it, I found Nat 5 French a bit of a memorisation game really, so ended up doing well because I could memorise stuff.
I've not done art and design but have heard from others that it's a subject that can take up quite a lot of time. And the people I know who have done practical cookery said it was a good 'more relaxed' subject.
Overall, I'd agree with your teachers- pick the subjects that you will enjoy and do best at.
Hope this helps
Science girl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
Of those, I've done Music at Nat 5, and also did French (the format of the course/exam for all modern languages is the same)...I definitely wouldn't do music of you don't already play any instruments, unless you have done well with whatever you get to play in class. For French (or Spanish in your case), I didn't particularly enjoy it, but that was because I kind of had to do it, rather than liking the subject. You have to do all of speaking, listening reading and writing for the exam, but the speaking is done in advance of May. Although I didn't really enjoy it, I found Nat 5 French a bit of a memorisation game really, so ended up doing well because I could memorise stuff.
I've not done art and design but have heard from others that it's a subject that can take up quite a lot of time. And the people I know who have done practical cookery said it was a good 'more relaxed' subject.
Overall, I'd agree with your teachers- pick the subjects that you will enjoy and do best at.
Hope this helps
Thank you for helping me. I’m really glad you replied. I have to make my choices soon and you have really helped. Thanks, Science girl 🧬🧪
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Science girl)
Thank you for helping me. I’m really glad you replied. I have to make my choices soon and you have really helped. Thanks, Science girl 🧬🧪
No problem, and glad it helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1525)
79.26%
Leave (399)
20.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed