The Student Room Group

Need some tips for going out.

Hiya everyone. I’m in a bit of a predicament. I went out with my friends about 2 weeks ago, and I spent £100. I was absolutely blackout wasted and tried pouring milk into the fridge rather than a cup aswell as lying in the dogs bed sleeping with them. I went out last weekend, and I thought “I’ll only take £60 instead.” I came home absolutely sober and it was a load of crap. Do you guys ever have that problem, and how can I do it so I spend less money and get drunk (but not blackout drunk, just confident and fun)
Original post by Sessimonster
Hiya everyone. I’m in a bit of a predicament. I went out with my friends about 2 weeks ago, and I spent £100. I was absolutely blackout wasted and tried pouring milk into the fridge rather than a cup aswell as lying in the dogs bed sleeping with them. I went out last weekend, and I thought “I’ll only take £60 instead.” I came home absolutely sober and it was a load of crap. Do you guys ever have that problem, and how can I do it so I spend less money and get drunk (but not blackout drunk, just confident and fun)

Pre drink? Also where in the country do you live? If you’re in London this sounds quite standard but anywhere else I’m a bit confused
Original post by Antibiotics
Pre drink? Also where in the country do you live? If you’re in London this sounds quite standard but anywhere else I’m a bit confused

Yeah mate, I do pre drinks whenever I can. I guess I just need to know my limits. Manchester too buddy
Yeah mate, I do pre drinks whenever I can. I guess I just need to know my limits. Manchester too buddy

Manchester is spenny if you go northern quarter, but I don’t think you should need to spend more than £50 and still get very drunk. What do you drink?
Manchester is spenny if you go northern quarter, but I don’t think you should need to spend more than £50 and still get very drunk. What do you drink?

Last time I was out, it was Jagerbombs, Vodka Red Bulls and Vodka Passionfruits.
Last time I was out, it was Jagerbombs, Vodka Red Bulls and Vodka Passionfruits.

I’d just stick to doubles with a simple mixer doesn’t red bull make it much more expensive? Jäger bombs? You’re mental, I have to be VERY drunk to touch that cough medicine
Spend your £60 on some stronger alcohol then m8? 👏🏻
I’d just stick to doubles with a simple mixer doesn’t red bull make it much more expensive? Jäger bombs? You’re mental, I have to be VERY drunk to touch that cough medicine

Lol. It does taste vile, I take them to try and make me feel a bit tipsy and quickly, but obviously that didn’t work last time. I think I will stick to doubles next time round. Cheers for the advice mate because they are so much cheaper, I just need to take £50 or so instead and drink well suited for the price. I don’t trust my mates with staying in 1 club, we always end up in about 3 or 4 so I bring extra money out usually just for that.
Original post by FloralHybrid
Spend your £60 on some stronger alcohol then m8? 👏🏻

Good idea sir 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending