No friends at uni Watch

bonhamxl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Might sound like an exaggeration, but i promise it isn’t. i do not have a single friend at uni, all i do is cry and sleep in my room to try and pass the time. i go back to my home every weekend now because my uni is hell to me, this has been the worst 3 months of my entire life (yes it’s THAT bad!).

i thought i did have one group of friends, however they never invite me to anything anymore and it feels painfully obvious they don’t want to be my friend anymore. the worst part is everyone who’s older than me has said that second year will be much better because i get to live with my friends, but then i tell them that i don’t have any friends and will have to beg to live with strangers and they usually reply with “oh”.

has anyone else found it hard to make friends as well? it’s weird because in london (my home) i am very popular, i have friends from all different places and do not have any beef with anyone as far as i’m aware. but at uni, i have nobody. even my flatmates go out without me and don’t seem to care for me.

i just want to know that i’m not alone, because all my older friends who are at uni love it and have loads of friends but i don’t. I am very social and the life of the party but nobody seems to want to be my friend. does it get better? thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
bzzzzzt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What uni do you go to?
bonhamxl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i am at sussex uni
MinaBee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I don't have a lot of advice as I'm in first year too and I'm not loving it either so you're not alone. I'm just taking everything one day at a time. Hope things get better for you! x
bzzzzzt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How many societies/ clubs are you apart of?
bee264
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yesss that's me! I go to uni in London and it's so hard to make friends with anyone I feel like everyone's got their own thing going on and I have no one to hang out with or go out with so it's been lonely for me. I've had loads of conversations with people but nothing's gone on to doing something together or getting invited to any parties or anything. Because I already live in London and I'm in halls this year I have to do a lot this year before I go home for next year so it hasn't been great for me either...
bzzzzzt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bee264)
yesss that's me! I go to uni in London and it's so hard to make friends with anyone I feel like everyone's got their own thing going on and I have no one to hang out with or go out with so it's been lonely for me. I've had loads of conversations with people but nothing's gone on to doing something together or getting invited to any parties or anything. Because I already live in London and I'm in halls this year I have to do a lot this year before I go home for next year so it hasn't been great for me either...

Clubs and societies.
bee264
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bzzzzzt)
Clubs and societies.
I feel like it's too late to join now and I hate going to things by myself because I get nervous and then talk myself out of going to stuff so would've been nice if I had a person to join societies with
bzzzzzt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bee264)
I feel like it's too late to join now and I hate going to things by myself because I get nervous and then talk myself out of going to stuff so would've been nice if I had a person to join societies with
Not too late, just go for it.
Gotta open up for new experiences.
Just go for a bunch of them and you'll either like it, make some friends and have stuff to do,
or won't enjoy it and won't go back.
Ez
Corps
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know what you mean, I didn’t think I’d be so lonely or find it so difficult to make friends, I have no idea what I’m going to do next year for accommodation. Btw, Sussex has a house hunt page on Facebook, I haven’t had much luck on it so far but it might be worth a look?
R4JBO55
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Jus start with a small group, strengthen that and ull find the gateway to more friends. This coming from a person who is a loner and has decided to not trust anyone. However u must understand life has to have interactions u can’t be a lone wolf unfortunately
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.04%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%
No, but I want to start (303)
36.91%
No, I am unable to (203)
24.73%
No, I chose not to (226)
27.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise