Girlfriend Has Mental health issues Watch

Shadman9130
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey, i've been going out with a new girl for a few days. I love her to death and i really picture a future with her. But that's not really the issue.
She has depression, anxiety and an eating disorder, i've got no problem with helping her and she's seeing CAHMS for those issues. I really hate seeing her like this and i want to help her as best as i can.

Her eating disorder that she has/used to have is the main issue. She feels as though eating makes her fat and gross. She eats irregularly and her eating disorder is not as bad as it was. Is there any way i can assist her and help her with her eating disorder aside from being supportive.
A_Human_Being
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Being supportive is the most important thing you can do. Be caring and understanding when she has her worst days. Show unconditional love that isn't attached to what her body looks like. It may help to remind her to eat normally if you see her drifting into bad habits.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don't comment on her body, weight, appearance etc even in a positive way
AlexL1987
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Really awesome you are supporting her I think the best thing you can do is be supportive and keep and eye just to make sure she is eating and drinking water don’t be pushy just supportive she will have good and bad days best of luck xx
puglove0093
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shadman9130)
Hey, i've been going out with a new girl for a few days. I love her to death and i really picture a future with her. But that's not really the issue.
She has depression, anxiety and an eating disorder, i've got no problem with helping her and she's seeing CAHMS for those issues. I really hate seeing her like this and i want to help her as best as i can.

Her eating disorder that she has/used to have is the main issue. She feels as though eating makes her fat and gross. She eats irregularly and her eating disorder is not as bad as it was. Is there any way i can assist her and help her with her eating disorder aside from being supportive.
So great that you are here to support her! Have you asked her what helps her the most? What doesn't help her? I would just be loving and caring and supportive to her. Asking the person what you can do to help/not do is very beneficial because then they can just tell you honestly what they need/don't need.
ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m echoing what everyone else is saying, just be there for her, love her and support her.

(Original post by puglove0093)
So great that you are here to support her! Have you asked her what helps her the most? What doesn't help her? I would just be loving and caring and supportive to her. Asking the person what you can do to help/not do is very beneficial because then they can just tell you honestly what they need/don't need.
This.

Also OP, it’s really awesome you’re supporting and understanding that she has got MH issues.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AlexL1987
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hope you are both doing ok encourage her to get support from her doc / family friends as well as you if she needs it and in the pinned thread there are a lot of contacts for support helplines if you need them or you can google for them . Look after yourself too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads