The Student Room Group

If you go to Brampton manor or LAE CLICK HERE NOW!!

Hey guys so I’m in year 11 and I’m thinking of applying to Brampton manor and LAE, and I have a few questions:
When I apply do they look at my working at grade or just my predicted?
I want to take chemistry and biology for A Level, but my teachers haven’t made the decision if I’m doing combined or triple. Will doing combined lower my chances of getting in?
Which sixth form is better and why?

Thanks xx
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Reviser101
Hey guys so I’m in year 11 and I’m thinking of applying to Brampton manor and LAE, and I have a few questions:
When I apply do they look at my working at grade or just my predicted?
I want to take chemistry and biology for A Level, but my teachers haven’t made the decision if I’m doing combined or triple. Will doing combined lower my chances of getting in?
Which sixth form is better and why?

Thanks xx

They're both for nerds and geeks.
I didnt attend Either sixthform because i fell slightly short on the grades but i did attend bramptons secondary school and i know that some of the teachers who teach the year 11s there also teach in the sixthform. That can either be an upside or a downside whichever way you look at it as they may have less time between classes to help you if you have an issue. But from my experience there as a student is that the teachers actually care. Yes they will work you very hard but some of them are also there if you need to have a joke around too. I would often have a few laughs with our head of maths who i knew for a fact also taught in the sixthform building. I may seem biased towards brampton but im only talking from my personal experience there

Quick Reply

Latest