The Student Room Group

Opinions on this revision method ?

So basically my teacher says to me that it’s better to do exam questions than to spend time learning the content for Biology and I understand where she’s coming from because the more exposure you have to exam questions the better but I don’t know where the balance is. Like how much time do I spend in contents v how much time I spend on exam questions because you need to know some knowledge as to apply it. And how do people who get As and A*s in Bio/Chem acc revise????
For the maths amount of substance bit of chem, I just learnt equations etc and did lots of practice questions and i got As
Reply 2
How about for bio x
I think it should be a 30:70 split with the greatest emphasis on past paper questions. I do agree with you however that it is vital to know the content before you can apply it. As a A student I picked up some great study techniques and I will post the, below - if you have any questions please let me know.
Original post by hanaahxox
How about for bio x

usually spend about an hour consolidating notes etc then 30-45mins with exam questions because you really need to know exact key terms x
Reply 5
What do you mean for consolidating notes coz that could be learning reading etc and learning takes me the whole day 😭
As they are quite content heavy subjects I would recommend that you use flag cards to remember the information but also challenge your knowledge and maybe even have a system of tubs and all your flash cards start in the first tub and each time you ask the question and get it right move it up to the next tub and maybe have 5 tubs, if you get an answer wrong then you move it down a tub - by the end you will have everything you know in tub 4,5 and everything you don’t know in tub 1,2 and that where you can focus your revision.
Lastly I would also recommend that you practice problem solving as there are always problem solving questions and the only way to do well in these is by practice.
Past paper questions are also great for getting that exam technique I find if you can do them by topic rather than just by year it allows you to consolidate your knowledge in a subject area at a time and you will feel more on top of things.
Exam questions for maths biology and chemistry. Textbook reading is pointless after you learn all the content anyways.
Reply 10
Thanks guys x

Quick Reply

Latest