What does my lecturer mean by this??

Watch
lollipop102
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I have an exam in Jan. the lecturer emailed everyone and said

“the entire syllabus is examinable so if I have taught it then it is examinable. However, in order to develop a revision plan I suggest students include in their study the following issues broadly” (and he gave six topics)

In an email where I asked him for past papers. He said he believes they are no use and “you would do better to consider my revision plan advice”

So.. is he trying to say that the exam consists of ONLY those 6 topics he listed?? Should I just study those six topics? Was he trying to hint to me in the email that I’ll be fine studying only those six? Someone please help!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lollipop102)
So I have an exam in Jan. the lecturer emailed everyone and said

“the entire syllabus is examinable so if I have taught it then it is examinable. However, in order to develop a revision plan I suggest students include in their study the following issues broadly” (and he gave six topics)

In an email where I asked him for past papers. He said he believes they are no use and “you would do better to consider my revision plan advice”

So.. is he trying to say that the exam consists of ONLY those 6 topics he listed?? Should I just study those six topics? Was he trying to hint to me in the email that I’ll be fine studying only those six? Someone please help!

He's told you what you need to revise as a minimum, Start with the 6 topics and if you have extra time then do the rest of what you have studied.
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He says ... "include them .... the six topics" ...AND .. "broadly" ... so it is a big hint that AT LEAST those 6 topics will come out AND it may not be in a 'narrow' / very specific sense. So, if you understand the 6 topics, not just what is taught but appreciates them in a broader sense, you are reasonably well equipped. Hope that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
13.89%
I need help researching courses (5)
6.94%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (30)
41.67%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.78%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.17%

Watched Threads