Abdulaziz M
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, im currently doing my igcse's with the cie exam board, which is the toughest.

I plan to do A Level under edexcel's exam board as it is soooo much easier compared to cie , and i think with the amount of effort , time , and money i put in , i can recieve an A* in edexcel, without wasting as much energy towards cie.

However, will universities look at which exam board you do , and is there a difference between applicants who did cie a level , or edexcel a level , are they treated equially in terms of acceptance . Thanks.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Abdulaziz M)
Hello, im currently doing my igcse's with the cie exam board, which is the toughest.

I plan to do A Level under edexcel's exam board as it is soooo much easier compared to cie , and i think with the amount of effort , time , and money i put in , i can recieve an A* in edexcel, without wasting as much energy towards cie.

However, will universities look at which exam board you do , and is there a difference between applicants who did cie a level , or edexcel a level , are they treated equially in terms of acceptance . Thanks.
All exam boards are equally difficult - they have to be. Please don't try to convince yourself otherwise ...
fatimayahya
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

im doing edexcel right now and trust me it really ist easier and if anything its harder. i have a lot of friends doing cie and they all agree that edexcel is much harder.
Abdulaziz M
Rep:
?
(Original post by fatimayahya)
im doing edexcel right now and trust me it really ist easier and if anything its harder. i have a lot of friends doing cie and they all agree that edexcel is much harder.

Guys idk , should i switch from cie to edexcel, ive just finished from igcse, and im going to a level , please can you have a look at past papers of a level cie and edexcel and tell me which is hardest(plz be honest) i need A* in my a levels and im looking for the easiest board between edexcel and cie
Abdulaziz M
Rep:
?
(Original post by fatimayahya)
Guys idk , should i switch from cie to edexcel, ive just finished from igcse, and im going to a level , please can you have a look at past papers of a level cie and edexcel and tell me which is hardest(plz be honest) i need A* in my a levels and im looking for the easiest board between edexcel and cie
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is no 'easiest board'. All boards are regulated by Ofqual and meet the exact same standard. Switching awarding bodies will make no difference to your chances of attaining an A*, and universities will not look.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (719)
41.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise