Turn on thread page Beta

Access to HE in Computer Science recommendations???? watch

Announcements

I would greatly appreciate any input that would help me to find a good Access course to HE for
    the field of Computer Science. The information on the UCAS site had been a good start for me, but
    most of the colleges can not follow up with enough information to give me an adequate feel in
    order to decide.

I want to use it to gain access to a BSC in Human Computer Interaction (or a combined degree in
    Computer Science and Psychology).

I am not even currently living in the UK so it's not exactly easy to go take a look.

Any location is good, although I'm not interested in London (as the cost of living is too high). A
    smaller city would be good, eg. Bristol, Bath, Cambridge, Nottingham, Edinburgh or the like.

Thanks,

[email protected]

"Matt" <[email protected] M> wrote in message
    news:B906E29A.3E3C%[email protected]...
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> I would greatly appreciate any input that would help me to find a good Access course to HE for the[/q1]
    [q1]> field of Computer Science. The information on the UCAS site had been a good start for me, but most[/q1]
    [q1]> of the colleges can[/q1]
    not
    [q1]> follow up with enough information to give me an adequate feel in order to decide.[/q1]

Computer Science courses vary quite a lot. I did mine at Warwick, where you needed a B in Maths at A
    level (and now it's gone up to an A, I believe), and it was certainly needed - the Maths was beyond
    A level. A school friend went to Nottingham at the same time and his course was similar.

On the other hand, one of my ex-colleagues did Computer Science at Aston - he wasn't required to
    have taken Maths A level and he claimed not to have done any maths. I suppose, therefore, that it
    would be best to ask your chosen institution.

Andrew
    --
    [email protected] Swatting the wasps from the http://www.advanced-ict.info pure
    apple of truth

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.