Access to HE in Computer Science recommendations????

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Matt
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I would greatly appreciate any input that would help me to find a good Access course to HE for
the field of Computer Science. The information on the UCAS site had been a good start for me, but
most of the colleges can not follow up with enough information to give me an adequate feel in
order to decide.

I want to use it to gain access to a BSC in Human Computer Interaction (or a combined degree in
Computer Science and Psychology).

I am not even currently living in the UK so it's not exactly easy to go take a look.

Any location is good, although I'm not interested in London (as the cost of living is too high). A
smaller city would be good, eg. Bristol, Bath, Cambridge, Nottingham, Edinburgh or the like.

Thanks,

[email protected]
Andrew Virnuls
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
"Matt" <[email protected] M> wrote in message
news:B906E29A.3E3C%[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I would greatly appreciate any input that would help me to find a good Access course to HE for the[/q1]
[q1]> field of Computer Science. The information on the UCAS site had been a good start for me, but most[/q1]
[q1]> of the colleges can[/q1]
not
[q1]> follow up with enough information to give me an adequate feel in order to decide.[/q1]

Computer Science courses vary quite a lot. I did mine at Warwick, where you needed a B in Maths at A
level (and now it's gone up to an A, I believe), and it was certainly needed - the Maths was beyond
A level. A school friend went to Nottingham at the same time and his course was similar.

On the other hand, one of my ex-colleagues did Computer Science at Aston - he wasn't required to
have taken Maths A level and he claimed not to have done any maths. I suppose, therefore, that it
would be best to ask your chosen institution.

Andrew
--
[email protected] Swatting the wasps from the http://www.advanced-ict.info pure
apple of truth
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (0)
0%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (1)
7.14%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (4)
28.57%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (1)
7.14%
No, nothing has changed (3)
21.43%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (5)
35.71%

Watched Threads