The Student Room Group

Is it worth getting a tattoo?

I was thinking of getting a tattoo on my right arm but don't know what of and how much it costs. Any ideas of this?
Price is likely to vary depending on tattoo size, type of design and location of tattoo artist.
As a guide £80 per hour or £600 a day.
Cloak & Dagger tattoo parlour in London give some example tattoos with price.
https://www.cloakanddaggerlondon.co.uk/prices/

Personally, I'm not a big fan of permanent tattoos.
Expensive to have done, even more expensive to have removed when tired of them and they often have to be covered up at work.
Reply 2
If you don't know what you want then it's not worth getting it done.
Original post by Shaymen02
I was thinking of getting a tattoo on my right arm but don't know what of and how much it costs. Any ideas of this?

This is going to totally depend on the design, where you are geographically and the artist you want to do it. Some artists are very cheap, others are very expensive. You can get good and poor quality at either end of the scale.

The best thing to do is to research some artists, show them your design or describe what you want, ask to see their work and then make your decision based on the prices they offer.
Reply 4
Wait until you know what you want. Be realistic in expectations eg. loads of detail won't age well. I've been wanting a rabbit tattoo for ages, but generally artists charge for even just doing the design and so if you don't like what they've drawn you still have to pay for their time before going to the next artist :/
Reply 5
Original post by Jess104
Wait until you know what you want. Be realistic in expectations eg. loads of detail won't age well. I've been wanting a rabbit tattoo for ages, but generally artists charge for even just doing the design and so if you don't like what they've drawn you still have to pay for their time before going to the next artist :/

Sometimes, but it's not necessarily the case if you go big and take the relevant precautions in the sun. I have a super detailed one on my forearm, been there over 10 years and the only difference is the inevitble slight colour fade.
Remember a tattoo will be with you your whole life so you want to make sure it's something you won't reget on another day :smile:
Reply 7
its haram brother. dont do it, just get a fake tatoo, trust me ousman
Price will vary on size, colour, time taken and also who you get to do it. My fiance has two large coloured ones that took a couple of hours each and both were upwards of £100, I have a small plain black one, that probably took less than an hour and mine was £50. Going to a shop may be a little cheaper as the are so many tattooists around they need to make their prices competitive however you may also want to check out their work before you decide as anyone can set themselves up as a tattooist without training of qualifications. We both have more planned but have not yet decided where to go. I'm lucky that i work in an area where I do not need them covered however my fiance does so forearms, hands, neck and face are out of the question for him so bear that in mind with regards to location. Its best to choose somewhere than can be covered if needed but can be shown off if chosen.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Surely someone from tsr shouldn’t tell you wether you should get a lifetime tattoo or not, that’s entirely down to you if you want it or if you’ll regret it down the line!

As I have experience on this I say as a rule of thumb I think of a design and see if I still want it after say two/three years and get it done. If not then probably not worth it as you’ll regret it, again from experience. Don’t just wake up and get a tattoo. Think about it carefully and if it feels right, you’ll know it.

Quick Reply

Latest