Lala143
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How are you supposed to revise speaking and listening exams for French?
Because I always learn the vocabulary our teacher recommends although it is optional but I always get 3s and 4s eventhough I get 8s and 9s in the writing and reading.
Any advice would be useful and thank you!😊
NetNeutrality
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
useful tip for speaking our teacher gave us was: if youre good at writing, prepare your speaking as if it were writing, so like just write it as youd write in writing for your prep. as for te unexpected qs, they tend to be a bit harder, but they delayed our speaking mock until february so idk how itll be. i got a 7 in listening, it was really hard, but do tryb learn the vocab, you might get away with guessing or going with your gut on some of multiple choice qs, but i would only go there as a last resort.
sorry im not able to help much, im not great at french either tbh, but hope you might be able to take away something at least
mpaprika
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you could get the cgp textbook, it comes with a cd for listening and an online edition also for listening
Lala143
Rep:
?
(Original post by NetNeutrality)
useful tip for speaking our teacher gave us was: if youre good at writing, prepare your speaking as if it were writing, so like just write it as youd write in writing for your prep. as for te unexpected qs, they tend to be a bit harder, but they delayed our speaking mock until february so idk how itll be. i got a 7 in listening, it was really hard, but do tryb learn the vocab, you might get away with guessing or going with your gut on some of multiple choice qs, but i would only go there as a last resort.
sorry im not able to help much, im not great at french either tbh, but hope you might be able to take away something at least
Thanks so much on the advice for the advice on the speaking. I'm gonna try it and also apparently u should listen to ''news in slow French' (my french teacher recommended it after my mocks- a bit annoyed) so that you can get used to people talking I've started listening to it before bed sometimes. Hope it pays off when I do the actual GCSEs sometime next year.
NetNeutrality
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lala143)
Thanks so much on the advice for the advice on the speaking. I'm gonna try it and also apparently u should listen to ''news in slow French' (my french teacher recommended it after my mocks- a bit annoyed) so that you can get used to people talking I've started listening to it before bed sometimes. Hope it pays off when I do the actual GCSEs sometime next year.
i find that watching french tv doesnt help that much but that might just be me
Lala143
Rep:
?
Maybe ... but I'll still do it because I don't want to regret my decisions 😂. Thanks so much for giving me advice! Really appreciate it.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Lala143,
maybe i can help you get your grades i study french and it is not easy ask your teacher for help or your parents even maybe even use seneca to help you with listening and writing
Lala143
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2838676907)
Hi Lala143,
maybe i can help you get your grades i study french and it is not easy ask your teacher for help or your parents even maybe even use seneca to help you with listening and writing
Thank you for telling me about Seneca! It looks amazing.
I used it for my most recent french listening assessment and got a 6+ (3 marks away from a 7!!!!!)
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You are welcome
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could you add me plz:-)
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lala143 could you add me plz im quitte lnely and could we be firends?
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ok
(Original post by immatroll)
how very dare you ignore my presence u low lives
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.19%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.33%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.55%
Loneliness (82)
10.62%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.46%

Watched Threads