rnae
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
does anyone know how the transition from biomedical science to medicine work in Cardiff? do you have to start medicine from year one after finishing the biomedical degree, or so you just carry on the 4th year after finishing the degree?

I know that st George transition students just finish the biomedical degree and start the 3rd year of MBBS 5 medicine or the 2nd year of MBBS 4 medicine.

help would be appreciated xx
dandoe
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, so im currently studying at cardiff on one of these feeder schemes, ill give you all the information you need (its complicated when they explain to you) so they have these feeder schemes : 2 cohorts from cardiff , Group from biosciences (about 70 people apply, for 10 places. Group from pharamcology ( 12 people for 10 places)

You finish after 3rd year with the bsc and go into medicine 2 year with the undergrads. So I've applied for 4 unis via ucas, one of them which is cardiff (only cardiff undergrads doing either pharamcology or biosciences can apply) , if you get over 60%, you get an automatic interview for cardiff (that the great thing about it). There is also alot of support when applying. Cardiff want graduates, so they help you as much as they can to get you in.

Are you wanting this as a 5th choice ??
rnae
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you very much for your help xx but I was actually thinking of following this scheme of biomedical sciences to medicine with all my university applications because until now I haven’t heard an advantage of doing foundation year of medicine .
Do you think I should do foundation year for one of my choices?
dandoe
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think defintely open more of your choices up. Having one of the five as foundation would be good . Then once you have your offer (which you will get) , then you can decide .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.72%
I'm not sure (40)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (430)
48.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed