The Student Room Group

Am I ugly based on my experiences at clubs?

Women check me out and hit on me or whatever, but maybe only 4 or 5 girls eye**** me per night out (remember clubs have way more than 4 or 5 women).

Men claim I resemble a model a lot, and quite a few women do too. But last week a guy said to these birds "how good looking is this guy?!" and she said "he's alright..." I said something like "yeah I'm like a 5" and she said "maybe like a 3". I told her 3 is quite good, and she playfully agreed and said "maybe a 1 then!" It was playful but I can't tell if she was serious.

Then she told me I should get my eyebrows done but that she can deal with my hair and that's alright.

I ended up taking a girl home that same night and she said I'm so hot etc. but also said her ex bf was really ugly but she just liked his face anyway while discussing past relationships.

I did my eyebrows and last time I went out decently fit girls checked me out and a couple offered me their number. But this also happened before I did my eyebrows so I dunno if it even made any difference.

In all likelihood I'm a grotesquely ugly figure.

Scroll to see replies

It honestly depends on the girls preference, i can't say for sure whether you are ugly or not without a pic tbh.
You literally just said on someone elses post that you're a "very hot guy"?

Tbh it's probably your personality, you sound like you love yourself a bit and it probably shows.

P.S. guys that 'do' their eyebrows is such a turn off - i have a feeling you're like one of the guys from geordie shore or something.. ew.
Original post by FredMadison
Women check me out and hit on me or whatever, but maybe only 4 or 5 girls eye**** me per night out (remember clubs have way more than 4 or 5 women).

Men claim I resemble a model a lot, and quite a few women do too. But last week a guy said to these birds "how good looking is this guy?!" and she said "he's alright..." I said something like "yeah I'm like a 5" and she said "maybe like a 3". I told her 3 is quite good, and she playfully agreed and said "maybe a 1 then!" It was playful but I can't tell if she was serious.

Then she told me I should get my eyebrows done but that she can deal with my hair and that's alright.

I ended up taking a girl home that same night and she said I'm so hot etc. but also said her ex bf was really ugly but she just liked his face anyway while discussing past relationships.

I did my eyebrows and last time I went out decently fit girls checked me out and a couple offered me their number. But this also happened before I did my eyebrows so I dunno if it even made any difference.

In all likelihood I'm a grotesquely ugly figure.

Picture bro
Honestly don't know what you're trying to get out of this thread. It seems like you're already doing your own research and have got answers. But from what I can see, you just need to be someone who doesn't give a **** about any of this.
Humblebrag.
4-5 women eye you up per night? Where is this place? I'm sure the vast majority of guys can boast no more than that. If you've got your judgement right, to answer your question; I say no. I think the fact that you actually went home with someone says a lot.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
I think you need to grip the bull by the horns and ride off into the sunset pouring personality juice all over yourself, most flammable chemical in the world!
you went home with a girl but you're questioning if you are ugly?

truly ugly guys never take home any woman...
Original post by Peter McAllister
4-5 women eye you up per night? Where is this place? I'm sure the vast majority of guys can boast no more than that. If you've got your judgement right, to answer your question; I say no. I think the fact that you actually went home with someone says a lot.

I'm not saying I'm ugly necessarily but maybe I could be a 5 (or lower but with some sort of appeal subjectively and because I dress so nice). And that girl I mentioned said I'm a 3.
If that is you in your profile then you look like you've just committed murder.
You sound really vain and insecure, which I find really unattractive.

The kind of guy who pulls a girl because he believes she is the more attractive one, therefore confirming his own status, as opposed to pulling a girl he actually finds attractive.
(edited 5 years ago)
A girl gave you her number, I assume you didn't ask.

As for the other girl who called you ugly. She was ****-testing you. She was trying to push you around and was just being a prick, if you didn't react to her she probably would have been nicer.

Also actions speak louder than words. If a girl is touching you and playfully hitting you and whatnot, but says your ugly. Are you really going to believe that?

I think you might be lacking confidence maybe? Don't. By your description you sound above a 5...
Does it matter? So long as you are still able to pull theres no problem really

quit complaining like a girl
Original post by MedicPerson
A girl gave you her number, I assume you didn't ask.

As for the other girl who called you ugly. She was ****-testing you. She was trying to push you around and was just being a prick, if you didn't react to her she probably would have been nicer.

Also actions speak louder than words. If a girl is touching you and playfully hitting you and whatnot, but says your ugly. Are you really going to believe that?

I think you might be lacking confidence maybe? Don't. By your description you sound above a 5...

She wasn't being mean, as in there wasn't malevolence in her tone. However she also didn't sound like she was joking when she said to the guy "he's alright " unenthused. Also she was srs about her advice to do my eyebrows.

There's also been other times when girls have tried introducing me to their pal and they aren't interested in meeting me.
(edited 5 years ago)
She wasn't being mean, as in there wasn't malevolence in her tone. However she also didn't sound like she was joking when she said to the guy "he's alright " unenthused.

There's also been other times when girls have tried introducing me to their pal and they aren't interested in meeting me.

What person flat out calls someone ugly like that? The answer :- rude ****s.

Girls like that are usually arrogant af, the fact you seemed hurt by her remark doesn't make you stand out from the crowd. You let her ego crush yours. She called you ugly, she was trying to upset/test you. That's why she lowered your rating when you said 3 was good.
Original post by MedicPerson
What person flat out calls someone ugly like that? The answer :- rude ****s.

Girls like that are usually arrogant af, the fact you seemed hurt by her remark doesn't make you stand out from the crowd. You let her ego crush yours. She called you ugly, she was trying to upset/test you. That's why she lowered your rating when you said 3 was good.

I was too drunk to be hurt at the time.

After that exchange she was like "if I'm being honest you need to do your eyebrows" and her friend agreed. And that "the hair's alright though" (it's not btw).

It sounded playful when she adjusted to a 1 (I was being playful myself saying 3 is good) but it's hard to tell if she was amused from bantering with me or just deriving amusement from legitimately attacking me.

The next girls said I'm a 7 or something (which means average to fugly on a girl's scale). The guy kept telling every girl how good I look and asking to rate me lool. It really was a random guy btw, not me asking.
(edited 5 years ago)
I was too drunk to be hurt at the time.

After that exchange she was like "if I'm being honest you need to do your eyebrows" and her friend agreed. And that "the hair's alright though" (it's not btw).

It sounded playful when she adjusted to a 1 (I was being playful myself saying 3 is good) but it's hard to tell if she was amused from bantering with me or just deriving amusement from legitimately attacking me.

The next girls said I'm a 7 or something (which means average to fugly on a girl's scale). The guy kept telling every girl how good I look and asking to rate me lool. It really was a random guy btw, not me asking.

Dude you're good looking, relax
FredMadison, you are a great looking guy. You atre also successful at picking up and taking home women from clubs. Well done! How did you get on with th the woman that you took home?

If someone came up to me in a club, asking how good looking someone was, I wouldn't give them a sensible answer. I'd give them a jokey answer. I'm out clubbing! I'm there to have fun! And I'd have had something to drink.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
FredMadison, you are a great looking guy. You atre also successful at picking up and taking home women from clubs. Well done! How did you get on with th the woman that you took home?

If someone came up to me in a club, asking how good looking someone was, I wouldn't give them a sensible answer. I'd give them a jokey answer. I'm out clubbing! I'm there to have fun! And I'd have had something to drink.

They're okay, I don't often pull women I really like though since I don't feel I'm worthy and can't act normal around them.

I would think it's purely due to my hideous face, but cute chicks have shown interest in me or offered me their number or w.e. and I've had issues pulling girls I'm really into even when they were trying to grab my **** and asking how I'm getting home etc. I just feel super uncomfortable with them.

Her rating may or may not have been a joke but saying my eyebrows suck was serious (she was even like "if I'm being honest" to preface) and her friend agreed. Also seemed serious when she said I'm "alright" unenthused.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest