Why do guys pull FIT girls but date average ones???

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
my friend is gorgeous and she’s pulled some really hot guys on nights out because well obviously they’re attracted to her as she’s hot, who wouldn’t be. But they don’t try and take things any further and then they end up dating average looking girls, when they could’ve gotten to know my friend, why is this?
velvethopes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because there's more to a relationship than what the other person looks like, right?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Nobody wants damaged goods
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Only because she’s fit doesn’t mean she’s date worthy or relationship worthy. There’s more to relationships than how she looks.
FredMadison
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The guys can't do any better long term and your friend is undateable. Or your friend looks poor. Every girl seems fitter with alcohol in your bloodstream.
Last edited by FredMadison; 2 years ago
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fit ones make more difficult partners

they're ungrateful, moody, selfish and think they deserve the world just because they have looks. thats why they mainly date ugly betas because betas are the only ones willing to bend over backwards for them and give them everything they demand
MedicPerson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
LTR is more than looks. Plus it's a bit controversial I know. But most men would prefer a girl who hasn't had many partners. I mean the assumption is that most fit girls have quite high bodycounts. <----- This one only is the case for more conservative guys

What I personally think is this. When on a night-out you're drunk, and more confident. So guys will try to go for your hot friend. Because when sober they might be intimidated and even think "Wow, she is out of my league" or "She probably has a boyfriend". Unfortunately most good-looking girls are assumed to have **** personalities too, so that might factor in too.

If your friend wants a chance to date, maybe she should try to approach guys (in a friendly manner, not in a very flirty manner -> they might assume she is a slut)
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We'd need to know a lot more about your friend in order to answer the original post.

However, it is fair to say that not every man that she meets either good bad or indifferent looking is going to be suitable and compatible for her and vice versa.

When I was 16, my 2nd oldest brother gave me this bit of advice "Go for the plainer looking women... They're easier."
It took me a while to work out that this was terrible advice and I have ignored it ever since. My philosophy now is to go for women that meet my minimum standards, and also to go for women for whom I meet their minimum standards.

There is no real correlation between how beautiful someone is on the outside and how beautiful someone is on the inside. There is also no correlation between how 2 people look and how compatible they are with each other as long term romantic partners.

My 2nd oldest brother married a woman that is unattractive on the outside and unattractive on the inside. It's his life. His decision. He was always considered the most physically attractive and charismatic member of our family. He is not a role model when it comes to romatic partner selection.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
my friend is gorgeous and she’s pulled some really hot guys on nights out because well obviously they’re attracted to her as she’s hot, who wouldn’t be. But they don’t try and take things any further and then they end up dating average looking girls, when they could’ve gotten to know my friend, why is this?
No one can possibly answer this question as no one knows your friend, quite why it bothers you god only knows.
DR.DOOM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because there are a variety of other things that matter, not just the looks of a person. Most really good looking girls and boys are also very problematic, from what I've seen. '****boys' are such ********s, they aren't respectful at all to other people from my experience. Then you have those really good looking girls who bait out on social media 24/7. You see, from the things I have listed it can explain this. Just remember that nobody is perfect by the way, I'm sure there are actually really good looking boys and girls out there that aren't like this but just let life do it's course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads