How much pay rise is appropriate for 1st year ? Watch

Attitude24
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,

I work as a SOC , Security Analyst but I'm not sure how this salary review works and how much is ok for a 1st year SOC Analyst salary hike is fine?. I'm not sure how much to ask because before I started with them I asked for 21k as base price but was offered 3k less and now I need to know how much is ok to ask for this role. Any advice??.

Thanks
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Attitude24)
I work as a SOC , Security Analyst but I'm not sure how this salary review works and how much is ok for a 1st year SOC Analyst salary hike is fine?. I'm not sure how much to ask because before I started with them I asked for 21k as base price but was offered 3k less and now I need to know how much is ok to ask for this role. Any advice??.
It's not possible for us to say - it will depend on your level of skill, location and how well your company pays. 18k is a very low starting salary IMO.

Why did you accept 3k less? Did they promise anything for you to accept it, e.g. good rise if you performed well, or a cash bonus?

It's not unusual for someone hired on a lower starting salary to get a healthy rise after a good first year, so hopefully, you will. Most companies don't ask employees how much of a raise they want - it will be decided by salary budgets and merit. Good luck.
Last edited by RogerOxon; 4 months ago
Attitude24
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
It's not possible for us to say - it will depend on your level of skill, location and how well your company pays. 18k is a very low starting salary IMO.

Why did you accept 3k less? Did they promise anything for you to accept it, e.g. good rise if you performed well, or a cash bonus?

It's not unusual for someone hired on a lower starting salary to get a healthy rise after a good first year, so hopefully, you will. Most companies don't ask employees how much of a raise they want - it will be decided by salary budgets and merit. Good luck.
Hi, I know I just wanted to get my foot out of the door to get some commercial experience that's why I picked up base salary 18k but I do get 4.2k on top because it's 24/7 . 12 hours shift. How much you think is a healthy pay rise should be?. I know, I'm new but I think I will do good job in SOC role and hopefully will get to do Comptia Security+ certificate soon.

Thanks
Student-95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Do you know what other people are paid? Or look for job adverts for similar roles and see what they're offering.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Attitude24
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student-95)
Do you know what other people are paid? Or look for job adverts for similar roles and see what they're offering.
Hi,

I'm not sure what others are getting paid. I'm not too sure if they want to talk about it. I looked up apparently the salary is between 18k to 25k .
ahpadt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Have a look at glassdoor. It is dead easy to find new jobs as a soc analyst anyway if you want a new job (more money)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed