Pippa234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Have any of you kept in touch with your old friends from sixth form/college and reunited during the Christmas holidays or have you all gone your separate ways and not speak to one another anymore.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pippa234)
Have any of you kept in touch with your old friends from sixth form/college and reunited during the Christmas holidays or have you all gone your separate ways and not speak to one another anymore.
I kept in touch with mine and am still close friends with them after leaving uni
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tbh, I've personally found that university generally divides friendship groups, as many people don't consider the amount of effort needed to maintain them; in sixth form you automatically see each other every day, but once you all leave for uni, there isn't much to keep you together without active effort. I'm still friendly with a few people from school/sixth form, which is mostly a result of mutual effort on both sides to stay in contact. I've tried to reconnect with others, but the effort was very much one-sided, so I didn't bother continuing to try. During and after university your lives tend to go in different directions, you meet new people and have new experiences, which is a natural part of growing up, so don't take it too personally if your old friends drift away from you and vice versa.
Pippa234
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
I kept in touch with mine and am still close friends with them after leaving uni
if you dont mind how many are there you kept in contact with numbers wise?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you dont mind how many are there you kept in contact with numbers wise?
All 5 of them
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They are long gone.
Pippa234
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
All 5 of them
what year are you in?, who are you closer to home or uni friends?, did your friends also go to uni? and did you stay at home or stay in uni halls? sorry for all the questions just interested
Pippa234
Rep:
?
(Original post by TensorTympani)
They are long gone.
what year are you in now? and did they all go to uni?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what year are you in?, who are you closer to home or uni friends?, did your friends also go to uni? and did you stay at home or stay in uni halls? sorry for all the questions just interested
I m not at uni anymore, 2 people stayed at home, the rest of us went to various northern unis and stayed in halls so we could travel between each other.
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When i get back from UNI, i meet my six form mates up, even my secondary school mates. ( a lot of us kept in touch in six form ). My main core of friends was 1 i meet at sixform, and 1 from my secondary, that went to another sixform( after getting kicked out of our for bad grades ); and 2 of his mates. out six forms where 10 min from each other we/i no longer see one of them, but 2 i see regularly, one here and there. When we meet up, even when its 3 months apart, its like we never left tbh. we barely keep in touch at uni though. Also keep in touch with 2 friends from secondary regulary, since they close friends with my 2 close mates. but overall i do keep in touch with my six form mates, otherwise summer would be boring as hell, and once im back from UNI, they gonna once again be my close friends.. since my uni mates are mile away from me.

some other firends i had a six-form i dont see regularly, or have been saying i would see them; to myself but havent got around to.
Last edited by rimstone; 2 years ago
Pippa234
Rep:
?
(Original post by rimstone)
When i get back from UNI, i meet my six form mates up, even my secondary school mates. ( a lot of us kept in touch in six form ). My main core of friends was 1 i meet at sixform, and 1 from my secondary, that went to another sixform( after getting kicked out of our for bad grades ); and 2 of his mates. out six forms where 10 min from each other we/i no longer see one of them, but 2 i see regularly, one here and there. When we meet up, even when its 3 months apart, its like we never left tbh. we barely keep in touch at uni though. Also keep in touch with 2 friends from secondary regulary, since they close friends with my 2 close mates. but overall i do keep in touch with my six form mates, otherwise summer would be boring as hell, and once im back from UNI, they gonna once again be my close friends.. since my uni mates are mile away from me.

some other firends i had a six-form i dont see regularly, or have been saying i would see them; to myself but havent got around to.
So you meet up with 4 of your sixth form mates? and how far exactly are your uni friends away from you?
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So you meet up with 4 of your sixth form mates? and how far exactly are your uni friends away from you?
yh from around 6 closest friends of my six form times, i keep in touch with 4 of them .( i also keep in touch and see non close ones here and there ) .

My UNI friends are in the north of England, Yorkshire and Northumberland and im in the south, london the closest one ( barring the only one in my home city, who i see once a week ) is almost 100 miles away; furtherest is like 300+ miles, so yh, were miles apart. If i wanted to see them, i'd have to stay over at one of theres.
BenK64
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yep, ive got 2 good mates who ive known for about a decade now, we went for a curry and a few pints. We wont be as close with each other as we used to but its always good to catch up every once in a while
Pippa234
Rep:
?
what year in uni are you?
StrangeLilBean
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in my first year, but took a gap year so most of my sixth form friends are in their 2nd year now (those who went to uni).

This holiday, I've met up with 4 sixth form friends and I'm going to see a couple of 'back home' friends I knew from outside of school.

During the semester I met up with 3 sixth form friends, including 2 of the ones I've seen over Christmas. One of them came to visit me when she was coming to my uni city for an event, and two of them I visited at their uni (they're both at the same one).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads