The Student Room Group

Working from home due to illness

Does anyone know if it is possible to work from home studying for A levels. I am in my 1st year of A levels and am really poorly. I don't want to drop out and I am a good independent learner as I struggled with my illness and attendance throughout my schooling and GCSE's.
I changed school for A levels, which with hindsight was a bad idea as my previous school helped my get through 11 GSCE's with good grades and 43% attendance. New school has a far superior intranet and all lessons and homework posted so in theory it should be possible to do all work from home. I haven't talked to school yet but my attendance is already on 78% but I am doing OK, I just wondered if anyone has done this.
I know if I have to drop out I won't want want to restart again in September, and there is no certainty the same thing won't happen again with my illness. Thanks for reading.
Reply 1
It should be possible, although certain things, such as the assessed practicals for Science A levels and non examination assessment, may be difficult to achieve if tyou're not at school much. Be open and honest with your school and she what can be done.

Quick Reply

Latest