The Student Room Group

What uni should I apply for?

I’m thinking of doing education and psychology or childhood studies and psychology. What uni’s should I apply for these subjects? I don’t want to go too far from home so ideally in north west england or wales.
Original post by Laylaloo
I’m thinking of doing education and psychology or childhood studies and psychology. What uni’s should I apply for these subjects? I don’t want to go too far from home so ideally in north west england or wales.
Have a look into Liverpool Hope and Edge Hill, both of these are within the North West and do courses in this area to my knowledge. There will be many others (I have a feeling universities like Chester, Bangor, UCLan may be worth looking at). A quick search on ucas.com should produce some results worth sifting through.:yy:

If you have any questions on the Education side of things let me know.:smile:

Hi, hope you're well!

Check out our Psychology courses and see what you think. We're based in Ormskirk (near Liverpool), which is convenient if you're looking to stay in the North West. Let me know if you have any questions!

Alex

Hi @Laylaloo :hello:

We do offer combinations in both Psychology and Education or Psychology and Childhood & Youth that you may be interested in?

I myself studied Education so would be happy to share with you some experiences from sudying on the course. It is split into four disciplines of: Psychology, Sociology, History and Philosophy of education. In your second year you can pick two of these disciplines to focus on, for example, I chose History and Sociology, however you may wish to choose Psychology. Therefore, should you wish to choose Education & Psychology as you combination choice, you will also be studying an element of psychology on the education side too.

We have a number of Facebook Lives over on our Youtube channel which you may find useful. You can hear from current students and academics teaching on each of these courses that you are interested in. I will leave the videos below for you.

I hope this helps but please do give me a shout if you have any specific quesions or would like to know more about my experience as a student a Hope.

Ruth :h:

Reply 4
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi, hope you're well!

Check out our Psychology courses and see what you think. We're based in Ormskirk (near Liverpool), which is convenient if you're looking to stay in the North West. Let me know if you have any questions!

Alex

Hi, thanks for the reply. Is the educational psychology course only about children or does it cover every ages?
Hi, thanks for the reply. Is the educational psychology course only about children or does it cover every ages?

Hi again,

The Educational Psychology course has a large focus on children and adolescents. A number of modules will mainly (but not exclusively) cover children, such as Developmental Psychology. However, there are optional modules in your third year where you can either focus exclusively on young people (such as Special Educational Needs) or not focus on young people at all (such as Work Psychology). Our Educational Psychology modules section should give you more info.

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest