The Student Room Group

When to start A-Level revision? (Bio, Chem + Maths)

Title is pretty explanatory; I've seen some people comment that they started/were going to start in April, but surely that's a bit tight, right?

Oh btw, I need minimum AAA for my uni offer

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Foodloverx
Title is pretty explanatory; I've seen some people comment that they started/were going to start in April, but surely that's a bit tight, right?

Thanks

Generally, you should start in January. Unless you’re one of them people that have been “revising throughout the year” then you can start in March/April. Really depends on the person, but a popular start is often the beginning of the year, especially in year 13.
Original post by Foodloverx

Thanks

I also need a minimum of AAA and I'm starting in January. It won't be full on revision just yet, just causal revision like making flashcards and going through notes to cement what I have learnt so far. Then as the year progresses, I will increase my revision accordingy :smile:
Reply 3
I'm also doing the same subjects but I'm aiming minimum A*AA for my university offer, so I started going over the whole AS chem and bio content over the Christmas holidays and doing some questions because theyre relatively repetitive. To be honest though, my revision now is rather casual so I'm just absorbing in the main facts for each topic and I hope to go more hardcore come Feb/March. :smile:
Have mocks at the end of February too so I want to revise to see where I need to work on by the beginning of June.

Quick Reply