The Student Room Group

Should I commute or live at Uni for second year

Hi all, I’m having a major dilemma about if I should commute or live at uni. Basically for second year, I was planning on living with my friend ( who will be a first year) and we will be moving into private student accommodation with a stranger. Now it’s not the stranger that makes me want to commute it’s just that it’ll be so expensive. To commute I’ll have to drive which takes an hour with traffic, my dad pays my insurance and petrol so obviously it works out very cheap to commute. It’s just that I feel bad for my friend and I want to re do freshers and all that. But living at home is so much more comfortable and convenient for me
Train? Or is there no nearest train station
Reply 2
We do have a train station but I’d prefer to drive since it’s only an hour. Plus my dad will pay for petrol and stuff .
Hey @annymous

There's no shame in commuting. Especially if it's convenient and comfortable! My friend commutes and although he misses out on a lot of freshers stuff, he told me saves a lot of money and spends time with friends and family back home, so he doesn't feel like he's missing out on anything really.

I would suggest to do what's best for you instead of your friend -- I'm sure they'll be okay either way!

Josh :smile:
Reply 4
I’m 100% commuting now, all my friends are here and I won’t feel like I’m missing out. :smile: it’s just way more comfortable

Quick Reply

Latest