Meditation Watch

L.D.S.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
:hi: bored so I thought I’d make a thread for my meditation stuff, just to write down thoughts and ideas to try and any good resources. Anyone feel free to offer insight or give advice/resources currently 17 days strong with meditation, and noticing some little but detectable changes. My aim is to make this a daily thing and part of my routine had too much wine to write this properly will sort out tomorrow
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
filipw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no fap
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is your method?
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
(Original post by filipw)
no fap
fapn’t
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
What is your method?
At the moment I’m using meditations from the Insight timer app. I’m trying to meditate early on in the day but sometimes leave it to just before I go to bed. I’m also trying out walking meditations on the way to work
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by L.D.S.)
At the moment I’m using meditations from the Insight timer app. I’m trying to meditate early on in the day but sometimes leave it to just before I go to bed. I’m also trying out walking meditations on the way to work
Is the app helpful? Heard of it but never known anybody actually use it, like. The walking one has been good for me in the past. I traditionally struggle with sitting meditation, but I don't think it needs to be done that way necessarily, yknow.
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
Is the app helpful? Heard of it but never known anybody actually use it, like. The walking one has been good for me in the past. I traditionally struggle with sitting meditation, but I don't think it needs to be done that way necessarily, yknow.
Yeah I’ve found some great meditations on there. It’s my main source for guided meditations. Of course, whatever works best for you dude. Personally I find sitting ok but I get into the deepest space of mind lying down.
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
Meditated to a walking meditation on way home from work tonight. It was really good at making me more aware and looking at things in a different way. Wasn’t very relevant to how I was walking after a bit but her voice was calming and I got into a relaxed state. 18 consecutive days.
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck with your meditation bro, keep that streak going I've been out of whack with my routine recently. Hopefully by New Year's I'll be back on track and starting off 2019 chill af

Spoiler:
Show
How was your Xmas btw?
shohaib712
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does meditation help with studying? I always am constantly daydreaming or focusing too much into the past/future and it really does take time out of my day :/
TomSmith12345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shohaib712)
Does meditation help with studying? I always am constantly daydreaming or focusing too much into the past/future and it really does take time out of my day :/
Yeah it does, meditation basically carried me into medical school and saved my grades! Would highly recommend
shohaib712
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TomSmith12345)
Yeah it does, meditation basically carried me into medical school and saved my grades! Would highly recommend
Any good yt tutorials you can link me?
atla1215
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What kind of changes have you noticed so far? I’ve tried meditation in the past but never properly kept up with it. Interested to hear about more benefits!
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Good luck with your meditation bro, keep that streak going I've been out of whack with my routine recently. Hopefully by New Year's I'll be back on track and starting off 2019 chill af

Spoiler:
Show

How was your Xmas btw?
Thanks man ahh same, my sleeping is f*cked :eek: planning to hard reset it tonight though... I'm sure you will!

Spoiler:
Show

it was ok, work was pretty awful I felt like crying so I was pretty burnt out by lunchtime and feel asleep in the evening. Glad it's over tbh wbu?
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
totally agree with TomSmith12345, I didn't utilise it for studying as much as I should've before but now I'm meditating everyday I'm seeing improvements for all areas of life
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks man ahh same, my sleeping is f*cked :eek: planning to hard reset it tonight though... I'm sure you will!

Spoiler:
Show

it was ok, work was pretty awful I felt like crying so I was pretty burnt out by lunchtime and feel asleep in the evening. Glad it's over tbh wbu?
Oh yeah I forgot you had work Mine was pretty good
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
(Original post by atla1215)
What kind of changes have you noticed so far? I’ve tried meditation in the past but never properly kept up with it. Interested to hear about more benefits!
In the past when I meditated for about 30/40 days straight and really got into it, I felt so much more present and connected and it really boosted my mood. My emotional health was so much better, I could always take a step back from stressful situations before reacting impulsively, I think that was one of the biggest differences. Since then I've fallen out of practice but I'm determined to get back into it. This time around, 18 days in, I've again noticed my emotional state to be a bit more stable, I'm sometimes able to turn a bad day around which is unusual for me. It's made me a little more positive than usual too.
L.D.S.
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Oh yeah I forgot you had work Mine was pretty good
yup I've got such a big urge to quit my job and go travelling for ages, apparently a sign of the third eye opening but it's annoying af because it makes work drag so much :rofl:
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yup I've got such a big urge to quit my job and go travelling for ages, apparently a sign of the third eye opening but it's annoying af because it makes work drag so much :rofl:
Wanting to travel is a sign of the third eye opening? Omg dude I would love to just go and travel the world. If you do can you take me with you
TomSmith12345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Any good yt tutorials you can link me?
I used that headspace app but I’m sure YouTube would be just as good if you look in the right places!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (52)
12.97%
Yes - a food allergy (43)
10.72%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
2.74%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.24%
No (286)
71.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed