The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL-HSBC Global graduate programme-2019

Scroll to see replies

Finished the job simulation process and passed it. Waiting to hear back from them regarding invite to AC. Markets- Sales graduate programme
Original post by jonnyiw
what stage of application are you at and what scheme are you applying to?
I can't speak for the company, but I can tell you the timeline of my application(which is probably similar to yours): I completed my job simulator on the 21rst of December, they then emailed me to say I had met the minimum benchmark on the 6th of January. Following this they sent me a lot of emails saying my application was still being considered, before inviting me to a London assessment centre on the 13th of February, which took place on the 22nd of February.
Original post by raghavm12
Finished the job simulation process and passed it. Waiting to hear back from them regarding invite to AC. Markets- Sales graduate programme
Which role did you apply to?
Original post by jonnyiw
I can't speak for the company, but I can tell you the timeline of my application(which is probably similar to yours): I completed my job simulator on the 21rst of December, they then emailed me to say I had met the minimum benchmark on the 6th of January. Following this they sent me a lot of emails saying my application was still being considered, before inviting me to a London assessment centre on the 13th of February, which took place on the 22nd of February.
Global Operations Management. It's difficult to say how different the timeline would be across different schemes, how long have you been waiting since you passed the job simulator?
Which role did you apply to?
The thing is markets sales only opened on the 3rd of Jan. I applied straight away. It's been a month since I've finished job simulation so don't know what to expect.
Original post by jonnyiw
Global Operations Management. It's difficult to say how different the timeline would be across different schemes, how long have you been waiting since you passed the job simulator?
Reply 25
lol...same here......its been like months already and they sent me another email just now telling me my submission is still under review. I presume this is a rejection.
The thing is markets sales only opened on the 3rd of Jan. I applied straight away. It's been a month since I've finished job simulation so don't know what to expect.
Yeah I just got the same email. Idk what to think cause other people I know who have applied to the same role have gotten a straight up rejection. Fingers crossed though
Original post by acvp445
lol...same here......its been like months already and they sent me another email just now telling me my submission is still under review. I presume this is a rejection.
Reply 27
Hey did you receive an email saying that "your application met the minimum benchmarks" ? I applied in Global Markets as well.
Yeah I just got the same email. Idk what to think cause other people I know who have applied to the same role have gotten a straight up rejection. Fingers crossed though
Yeah, it mentioned that for one of my e-mails as well, and I got excited, but then I started to wonder if it meant the tests before the video interview after reading it over and over... Idk what to think!
Original post by sbrr31
Hey did you receive an email saying that "your application met the minimum benchmarks" ? I applied in Global Markets as well.
"We would like to thank you for recently undergoing the Job Simulation Assessment for the position of Graduate - Global Operations - Operations - Europe - UK - London

We are pleased to confirm that you have successfully met the minimum benchmarks for the selection processes that you have completed so far."

Is what I mean. Is it selection processes before Job Simulation or including it, I wonder :rolleyes:
Original post by pie-inator
Yeah, it mentioned that for one of my e-mails as well, and I got excited, but then I started to wonder if it meant the tests before the video interview after reading it over and over... Idk what to think!
Reply 30
Same for me, as far as I know there is no phone interview for several divisions including global markets. It's very frustrating to wait without knowing, but still it's better than a rejection I guess.
Original post by pie-inator
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after an assessment centre?
Reply 32
I wish I could but I have not been invited to the AC yet.
Original post by bobbricks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sbrr31
I wish I could but I have not been invited to the AC yet.

Hmm when did you apply out of interest? I applied like beginning of February
Reply 34
I applied in December but not in the technology division. How was the AC ?
Mine was 22nd of February and I heard back on the 11th of March.
Original post by sbrr31
I applied in December but not in the technology division. How was the AC ?

It was okay, kinda tough though since there's a lot of time pressure to get everything done. A mix of all the usual AC tasks, hard to say how it went exactly haha
Original post by jonnyiw
Mine was 22nd of February and I heard back on the 11th of March.

Oh okay cheers, so a wait of like 2 weeks - did you apply for the technology program out of interest?
No, I applied for global operations management.
Submit replyOh okay cheers, so a wait of like 2 weeks - did you apply for the technology program out of interest?
Did you get offer?
Original post by jonnyiw
No, I applied for global operations management.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending