The Student Room Group

Which programme will you choose?

Dear all, i need some advise from you.

Currently, i've applied for 2 postgraduate programme under Sheffield & UCL respectively.

The programme offered by Sheffield is accredited by a professional body whereas the programme by UCL is not. However, i assume the school reputation and business connection of UCL is better?

Which will you choose?

thank you
Original post by numbernine4321
Dear all, i need some advise from you.

Currently, i've applied for 2 postgraduate programme under Sheffield & UCL respectively.

The programme offered by Sheffield is accredited by a professional body whereas the programme by UCL is not. However, i assume the school reputation and business connection of UCL is better?

Which will you choose?

thank you

Personally I’d go for the professional accreditation, as this will look better when applying for graduate employment
I applied for Organisational Psychology. I do have some doubts that many corporate companies will be bothered by the professional accreditation. Perhaps we could get some advise from the masses?

thank you so much
I applied for Organisational Psychology. I do have some doubts that many corporate companies will be bothered by the professional accreditation. Perhaps we could get some advise from the masses?

thank you so much

They may not have it as a requirement, but the professional accreditation is an extra qualification which will help you stand out “from the masses”.
Original post by super_kawaii
They may not have it as a requirement, but the professional accreditation is an extra qualification which will help you stand out “from the masses”.

ah!! okay.. thanks =)
bump for more advise =)
Don’t you already have a bps accredited undergraduate degree anyway?
I would choose ucl as it has more connections
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Afterlife?
Don’t you already have a bps accredited undergraduate degree anyway?
I would choose ucl as it has more connections

Yes you are right, however, with a postgraduate, i can be called a psychologist and recognised for certain psychometric testing. With the UCL course, i am unable to practice that.
Reply 8
Given a choice... BBC4
Original post by Vinny C
Given a choice... BBC4

??? BBC4?
??? BBC4?

Yes... which program? BBC4, freeview channel 9.

Quick Reply