The Student Room Group

Urgent - predicted grades UCAS application

I went to school in France and am now applying to study Ecology in an English uni. I'm doing a biology A-level by distance-learning, and need to get my teacher from my French school to give me a predicted grade.

The unis I'm applying to require an A in biology, possibly a B. I think I'm capable of achieving an A, but would it be safer for her to predict me a B? Does that have any impact on the university giving a lower conditional offer?

Thanks!
If you meet the minimum requirements the chances are they'll give an offer. Unless you're applying to Oxbridge, and other top top unis. Tbh, unis just rally want your money. Maybe if you get an A predicted and the course requires a B, you'd get a lowered offer, or even an unconditional.
Original post by Kinyonga
I went to school in France and am now applying to study Ecology in an English uni. I'm doing a biology A-level by distance-learning, and need to get my teacher from my French school to give me a predicted grade.

The unis I'm applying to require an A in biology, possibly a B. I think I'm capable of achieving an A, but would it be safer for her to predict me a B? Does that have any impact on the university giving a lower conditional offer?

Thanks!

Predicting a B won't get you a lower offer, but it will make you look like a weaker candidate.
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Predicting a B won't get you a lower offer, but it will make you look like a weaker candidate.

Thanks, that answers my question! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending