What age did you stop wetting the bed... need help for my younger brother Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My brother is 7 and still wets his bed every night. It is really getting him down as he cant go to sleepovers. He wears the biggest size nappies but they have started to leak. It is always full in the morning but about three times a week his nappy overflows and his bed and pajamas are soaked. We hoped he would just grow out of it so are unsure what to do. Also need advice on more absorbent nappies? Any help appreciated.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I was 11 when I finally stopped. I had to use an alarm that woke me up whe I started to pee myself. Maybe look into getting one for your brother. I stopped wearing pull up nappies when I was 9 or 10 because they were so expensive. I think this helped me get dry tbh because I didn't have the comfort of wearing a nappy if I was wet which was most nights.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't think I ever wet the bed lol. My mum said I never had a problem with that when I was a baby. I have a strong bladder.
Pachuco
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was about 7 or 8 I think but it wasn't every night, I know that it was a bit late but I had definitely stopped when I was still in primary school.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was nine. for some reason it happened once or twice again when I was around 15 too🤔🤔🤔🤔
bloomer36
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my brother stopped when he was 16 lol
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My brother is 7 and still wets his bed every night. It is really getting him down as he cant go to sleepovers. He wears the biggest size nappies but they have started to leak. It is always full in the morning but about three times a week his nappy overflows and his bed and pajamas are soaked. We hoped he would just grow out of it so are unsure what to do. Also need advice on more absorbent nappies? Any help appreciated.
Have he been seen by a doctor?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
Have he been seen by a doctor?
Yes a few years ago and and they said he would just grow out of it. We should probably tak him back now he is older
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes a few years ago and and they said he would just grow out of it. We should probably tak him back now he is older
Yes - do go back
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh you're back
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pachuco)
I was about 7 or 8 I think but it wasn't every night, I know that it was a bit late but I had definitely stopped when I was still in primary school.
Thanks for responding. Was there anything you did to make it stop and do you have any tips on how to deal with it?
Pachuco
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for responding. Was there anything you did to make it stop and do you have any tips on how to deal with it?
I think I just grew out of it. Avoiding liquids and going to the bathroom before bed and all those sensible things should help. And I'm assuming you have a mattress cover also?
Anonymous #1
I think I just grew out of it. Avoiding liquids and going to the bathroom before bed and all those sensible things should help. And I'm assuming you have a mattress cover also?
Thanks he has a plastic cover on his mattress and wears nappies. Often his nappy leaks though and his sheets get wet. Was there anything you used?
Pachuco
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks he has a plastic cover on his mattress and wears nappies. Often his nappy leaks though and his sheets get wet. Was there anything you used?
Mattress cover. It wasn't plastic but it was waterproof, it was supposed to be discreet I think. I told my friends it was for dust mites or something because obviously I didn't want them knowing.

Good luck
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
definitely go to the doctors are there may be an underlying cause!
Anonymous #1
Mattress cover. It wasn't plastic but it was waterproof, it was supposed to be discreet I think. I told my friends it was for dust mites or something because obviously I didn't want them knowing.

Good luck
Thanks
katf
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When I was 2. Apparently I was toilet trained by my second birthday. Never had a problem with bedwetting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (285)
60.38%
Yes- I don't like it (23)
4.87%
No- I want it (129)
27.33%
No- I don't want it (35)
7.42%

Watched Threads