rockyball89
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Have I left revision too late?

I'm going to start revising next week as I've been on holiday etc. (busy)

I don't know if I can do this, I have done no revision for any subjects and cant remember somethings from last year
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes you can do it, the only one that may need more attention is maths as it's a stinker to do in that time.

1. Get yourself organised with a to do list, calendar etc, so you know how much time you have left, what you are going to study etc.

2. Prioritise your subjects - English language, maths and your career /A level subjects.

3. Find a way you can revise and use it well:

Mind mapping
Flash cards
Journey method
Roman Room method
Loci method
Acronyms
Poems
Lyrics
Dance moves
Repetition
Past papers - a must for maths.
Smells and tastes can help the memory, so have a look at those.
etc

4. See the next months as a time when revision is your job, once June is over you can go out and party until then revision is your priority.

5. Revise in every spare moment you have - waiting for the bus, in the car, waiting for the kettle to boil etc.

6. For English watch Mr Bruff's videos on You Tube, and download his booklet if you can afford to. Primrose Kitten is good for maths and science as well.

7. For maths Mr Haggarty is said to be good. I found Corbett maths to be a bit easy compared with this years exams.

8. Get organised with all the stationery you need, pick a place to study which closely resembles that of the exam (desk and chair), don't play music unless its specifically for study.

9. Revise 5 minutes after class, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month and 6 months after the exam to get it into your long term memory. Put your revision into 7 bits pieces and associate it with what you already know. The brain can remember up to 9 things at a time then chucks stuff out. Revise for 20 minutes then do 5 minute break of activity (juggling and dancing is said to be good), then do another 20 minutes and go over what you previously covered' then repeat the timings as before.

10 Eat healthily with plenty of brain foods such as oily fish, blueberries and broccoli, drink plenty of water and take a bottle with you into the exam - dehydration can effect the memory. Exercise to de-stress. Most importantly visualise yourself getting that grade 9 in the exams.

11 For past papers mind map each paper so you know what you need to do in each - this is especially good for English language. Use colour and symbols as this will help the memory.

12. I found watching study with me videos helped me with motivation.

I hope that helps, good luck - you can do it, just make it your priority.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (6)
50%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (2)
16.67%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (1)
8.33%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (0)
0%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (2)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
8.33%

Watched Threads