LN05
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello! This is my sample answer for English Language paper 1 Question 4, it is not completed but what score out of 20 would i get, considering the fact that I am in year 8. Thanks.

Question 'How has the writer make this part dramatic for reader?'

Furthermore, the writer has used language to convey this, by writing about how all Katniss’s worries have ‘condenses into at immediate fear of this girl’. Through the use of the adjective ‘immediate’, the writer has used this as a language feature, which successfully achieved Katniss’s sudden feeling of despair sprinting away from one of the Careers. As readers, our attentions are captured from the increase of tension. Once again, Suzanne has made this part of the extract dramatic.

In addition to this, dramatic was conveyed more when the writer has made this moment dramatic for readers as through the use of the phrase ‘Adrenaline shoots through me’, it makes the reader able to feel Katniss’s terrified emotion. Language was used when the writer used ‘Adrenaline shoots’ as these two words are accurate of how Katniss was feeling – Adrenaline is often used to describe the feeling of stress and with it being coupled with ‘shoots’, which explained how it happened in almost a flash. A reader would almost feel the same as how she was, therefore the writer has successfully conveyed Katniss’s emotion and making this moment dramatic.
Last edited by LN05; 1 year ago
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LN05)
Hello! This is my sample answer for English Language paper 1 Question 4, it is not completed but what score out of 20 would i get, considering the fact that I am in year 8. Thanks.

Question 'How has the writer make this part dramatic for reader?'

Furthermore, the writer has used language to convey this, by writing about how all Katniss’s worries have ‘condenses into at immediate fear of this girl’. Through the use of the adjective ‘immediate’, the writer has used this as a language feature, which successfully achieved Katniss’s sudden feeling of despair sprinting away from one of the Careers. As readers, our attentions are captured from the increase of tension. Once again, Suzanne has made this part of the extract dramatic.

In addition to this, dramatic was conveyed more when the writer has made this moment dramatic for readers as through the use of the phrase ‘Adrenaline shoots through me’, it makes the reader able to feel Katniss’s terrified emotion. Language was used when the writer used ‘Adrenaline shoots’ as these two words are accurate of how Katniss was feeling – Adrenaline is often used to describe the feeling of stress and with it being coupled with ‘shoots’, which explained how it happened in almost a flash. A reader would almost feel the same as how she was, therefore the writer has successfully conveyed Katniss’s emotion and making this moment dramatic.
I think you're asking quite a lot here which is probably why no one has replied yet.

Try posting the task and asking other users to discuss it with you. This will help them as well as you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (72)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (79)
17.1%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (42)
9.09%
Isolating with family (28)
6.06%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (19)
4.11%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (38)
8.23%
Loneliness (45)
9.74%
Financial worries (15)
3.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (44)
9.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
7.14%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (47)
10.17%

Watched Threads