Fallowfield vs Victoria Park? Watch

lucybondia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I received an offer from Manchester and am looking to apply for acommodation

Is Fallowfield TOO lively/impossible to work in? I very much enjoy social activities and want to be in a lively area, however being able to study and have quiet time when I need to. Also, what about transport/connections and the area overall? thanks
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fallowfield...it really depends on your hall and flat mates. Owen’s park is notorious for its parties and I've heard a few horror stories surrounding it. (Tbf, the first time I visited fallowfield, it was late at night and I encountered a group of naked swimmer boys running around. It didn’t leave the best first impression so I might be a tad bit biased). Most halls should be alright tho and transport is fine, 15-20mins depending on the traffic and you get free bus passes.

Victoria park might be too anti-social/quiet for some people. Location is pretty great tho, esp given it’s price. My few friends really seem to enjoy it, since you can always travel to Fallowfield or the city for the parties.
Last edited by Lady Jamie; 1 month ago
TwoLimes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, it really depends which halls you're in in Fallowfield. I was in Ashburne, and it was great - there was enough going on both in Fallow and in the actual hall itself, plus Oak House was nearby so I could go visit pals as and when I needed to, but it had a quiet library for me to shut away in when I needed to, too.
K.Alf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ashburne is the quiet part of Fallowfield, I'm currently in Beech Court which isn't all too bad, the most hardcore for partying has to be Owens Park, my friend is moving out as he can't get any sleep and he's not the party type.
Again this also all depends on your flatmates.
Aleiya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Fallowfield is the place to be, to study in it now isnt too bad
Rabil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Help me, i am in need of a postal address in Manchester area (like a house, not a student hall) i am more than willing to compassionate for the help, I thought it would be good idea to ask here. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.6%
No (219)
94.4%

Watched Threads