The Student Room Group

French Speaking and Writing

Has anyone else had to write preparation paragraphs for the speaking and writing exam? My teacher insists that we have to write paragraphs about different aspects of Theme 1, 2 and 3. After we have written them we memorize them so we can use them in the writing and speaking exam. If anyone else does this please give me some tips on how to memorize so many of them, please!
Thanks
Reply 1
I've never done a speaking mock before so I don't know what that's like, but I think you should just remember the key words of what you wrote and the opinions you put. For example, if the question was about school uniform, you could just remember key words like "chemises - n'aime pas" or "adore l'uniforme scolaire - c'est a la mode" instead of the whole sentence. You could also "improvise", (adding more stuff as well as your memorised paragraphs) especially because in the speaking exam, (at least in AQA), you get asked one question that you haven't prepared a response to. If you forget how to say something, you can use a different way to say it. Eg C'est necessaire instead of Il faut.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending