The Student Room Group

Can’t seem to get over ex

Me and my ex split up about a month ago due to the fact he wasn’t as happy in the relationship anymore and since that moment he’s all I’ve had on my mind. I just want to be able to move on and stop loving him but I can’t, i was with him for a year and half and in that time he made me the happiest girl alive and he changed me for the better which I can never be more thankful for. He seems to of moved on fairly quickly after the relationship and I’m sure he’s seriously talking to a girl and prehaps maybe getting back with his ex that he was with before me who he used to **** off to me all the time so obviously I’m hurt by that. It’s not that I haven’t tried to move on from him because I have tried so hard but I can’t seem to get the same connection I had with him with anybody else. I do really want him back but I’m not prepared to text him and tell him how I feel because every time I have ive felt like a mug for doing it because he doesn’t miss me or feel anything for me anymore. I just don’t know how I’m going to move on because although people say it gets better with time I’m finding the longer it goes the more I miss him and the closeness we had. I unfriended him on snapchat because I didn’t want to see him on snap maps in case he was at some girls house and I removed him if Instagram because I didn’t want to see his post but yet none of that has helped and I don’t know what else to do to make me feel better.
As time will go by you will start to forget him, rather than loving him love yourself. Pamper yourself and have some new hobbies, if you are desperate to have him back then you'd rather tell him...
I know how you feel I was trying to get over an ex the best thing to do is to find something that will make you happy again, something that excites you don't find SOMEONE make sure it's SOMETHING since if you get attached to someone again you will depend on them and you'll end up in a loop of heartbreak. Keep yourself busy with work, games, TV or friends. Disconnect from the world and concentrate on yourself don't listen to other people or check what he is up to just worry on yourself. Take all this pain an turn it into something positive work on yourself as a person and take this as a lesson not a loss. You will find someone and trust i have been in your shoes time will heal!
Sitting and moping around thinking about him will not help and the more you think about him the more you will want to think about him. These things take time, some people find it easier to get over things especially if there is another potential relationship in the picture, i'm not saying run out and find a new man but that may explain why he seems to be so over you. You need to do something to take your mind off him, go out and have fun with your friends, anything that you enjoy, preferably something that doesn't remind you if him. The more you do and the less you think about him, you will find that you do start to get over him, it won't happen over night but it will get easier.
You don't need to 'stop loving him.' The opposite would be hate and that isn't healthy lol. Just wish him the best and start focusing on whatever makes you happy.

Also *****ing about him to your friends helps alot ngl. Just did that with my ex and I feel much better :laugh:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
You don't need to 'stop loving him.' The opposite would be hate and that isn't healthy lol. Just wish him the best and start focusing on whatever makes you happy.

Also *****ing about him to your friends helps alot ngl. Just did that with my ex and I feel much better :laugh:

Eyy it’s the old chicken! It’s icelandicskies/getmeoffmyphone :P

And I agree with him btw
Time can be a good healer of pain, but while our grief runs it's natural course it can feel un-bearable.

After the collapse of my first relationship, it took me almost a year before the hourly bursts of pain stopped. Bitterness raised it's head a few times and eventually hatred consumed me. But now, several years later, that's in my past. The hurt has stopped and I've moved on. The same will happen for you, but it may take time.

The advice given in the posts above is solid. Look to focus your energy on building happiness and furthering the enrichment of your life (try a new hobby, learn a new skill, use your social support network, etc). Maybe even use it as a motivator to change the way you live your life and do new things, if that's something you feel you'd like to do (maybe you don't, but I'm doing just that right now).

You two were together for a year and a half, so you're going to miss your ex-partner. At times you'll crave their embrace. But if you look to enrich your life and focus on yourself, within time these feeling will subside. It'll just take time.

I wish you all the best OP.
Original post by millvalley06
Eyy it’s the old chicken! It’s icelandicskies/getmeoffmyphone :P

And I agree with him btw

lol hi. how are you?
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my ex split up about a month ago due to the fact he wasn’t as happy in the relationship anymore and since that moment he’s all I’ve had on my mind. I just want to be able to move on and stop loving him but I can’t, i was with him for a year and half and in that time he made me the happiest girl alive and he changed me for the better which I can never be more thankful for. He seems to of moved on fairly quickly after the relationship and I’m sure he’s seriously talking to a girl and prehaps maybe getting back with his ex that he was with before me who he used to **** off to me all the time so obviously I’m hurt by that. It’s not that I haven’t tried to move on from him because I have tried so hard but I can’t seem to get the same connection I had with him with anybody else. I do really want him back but I’m not prepared to text him and tell him how I feel because every time I have ive felt like a mug for doing it because he doesn’t miss me or feel anything for me anymore. I just don’t know how I’m going to move on because although people say it gets better with time I’m finding the longer it goes the more I miss him and the closeness we had. I unfriended him on snapchat because I didn’t want to see him on snap maps in case he was at some girls house and I removed him if Instagram because I didn’t want to see his post but yet none of that has helped and I don’t know what else to do to make me feel better.

I feel a little sick.
lol hi. how are you?

Living 😂 nah I’m good, been in a relationship for 3 months as of tomorrow and it’s all good, you?
Original post by millvalley06
Living 😂 nah I’m good, been in a relationship for 3 months as of tomorrow and it’s all good, you?

That is great.

I'm also good. I learned loads of spiritual / emotional healing stuff and I'm not depressed or anything anymore. And I managed to get loads of free moneyz from the government because of my ADHD diagnosis :clap2:

I also got ghosted by a girl I was with for half a year a few weeks ago but I'm kinda over it now lol. She was *****y :laugh:
That is great.

I'm also good. I learned loads of spiritual / emotional healing stuff and I'm not depressed or anything anymore. And I managed to get loads of free moneyz from the government because of my ADHD diagnosis :clap2:

I also got ghosted by a girl I was with for half a year a few weeks ago but I'm kinda over it now lol. She was *****y :laugh:

Aww that’s rough, hate girls like that. Been with one and she was just the same. Anyway, that’s really great, I get benefits too and honestly considering how difficult it is to get a job it’s a lifesaver and very necessary having the money coming in :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending