iDEA Silver Award - Maker Website Badge

Watch this thread
c94061
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all

After more assistance with another part of the Silver Maker badge - this time having a drama with PHP and adding a variable to grab the current page ID. Code so far is:

<?php
get_sidebar();
get_footer();
?>

It wants me to get the id of the current page and store it as a variable after the sidebar - but no matter what I do and how I interpret the notepad/instructions provided it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Where are you trying to read the ID from? it a query parameter in the URL such as http://example.com/page.php?id=1 ? If so, it will be in the $_GET array.

- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...rameter-in-php
EoinFlanagan
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
what is the second fact on this? One of the most used and best-loved graphics programs of all time is called Adobe []. It is the de facto industry standard in raster graphics editing. This type of graphics editing results in fixed sized images, which lose quality if scaled up. To retain quality at all scales, we have to use [] graphics software such as Sketch or Illustrator.I know the first one is Photoshop. But the second one, I don't know...
EoinFlanagan
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
One of the most used and best-loved graphics programs of all time is called Adobe []. It is the de facto industry standard in raster graphics editing. This type of graphics editing results in fixed sized images, which lose quality if scaled up. To retain quality at all scales, we have to use [] graphics software such as Sketch or Illustrator.

I don't know the second answer, but the first one I know is Photoshop. Help would be really appreciated.
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EoinFlanagan)
One of the most used and best-loved graphics programs of all time is called Adobe []. It is the de facto industry standard in raster graphics editing. This type of graphics editing results in fixed sized images, which lose quality if scaled up. To retain quality at all scales, we have to use [] graphics software such as Sketch or Illustrator.

I don't know the second answer, but the first one I know is Photoshop. Help would be really appreciated.
Sketch and Illustrator are Vector Graphics packages -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...aphics_editors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics
napol.j
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
vector
napol.j
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
vector

(Original post by EoinFlanagan)

Hamnahxb
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It's vector
ralyks
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
how do you add lifeSupportOn()

That's not it. You need use the lifeSupportOn() function. You can pass an object into it by placing it inside the brackets. E.g lifeSupportOn(object)
Shanuza
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Others will use advanced text editors such as [] Text, V[] or A[]. if you know this missing answer please let me know cos this is bit hard for me.Thanks
18akhurram
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by winterscoming)
Where are you trying to read the ID from? it a query parameter in the URL such as http://example.com/page.php?id=1 ? If so, it will be in the $_GET array.

- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...rameter-in-php
Hi, Even I don't understand how to do this. What is the ID I've tried everything possible? Please need help fast
18akhurram
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by c94061)
Hi all

After more assistance with another part of the Silver Maker badge - this time having a drama with PHP and adding a variable to grab the current page ID. Code so far is:

<?php
get_sidebar();
get_footer();
?>

It wants me to get the id of the current page and store it as a variable after the sidebar - but no matter what I do and how I interpret the notepad/instructions provided it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
your code should look like this;
<html>
<head>
<title>Super connected planet</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php
include_sidebar();
include_footer();
?>
</body>
</html>
fija
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by c94061)
Hi all

<?php
get_sidebar();
get_footer();
?>

You need to replace both of the gets with include
It would be
<?php
include_sidebar();
Include_footer();
?>
Outsion
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
im trying to find the id
KatGod
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Shanuza)
Others will use advanced text editors such as [] Text, V[] or A[]. if you know this missing answer please let me know cos this is bit hard for me.Thanks
sublime text, Vim, and atom
Amber5345
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi I know you posted this a while ago but did you manage to do it? coding sucks and I have tried every possible way I could think of.Thank you
Stewy_981
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Amber5345)
Hi I know you posted this a while ago but did you manage to do it? coding sucks and I have tried every possible way I could think of.Thank you
same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads