Studying medicine in Italy... Watch

This discussion is closed.
danielleb437
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so, i was thinking of applying to study medicine at universita federico 11 but the application process really confuses me.. i cant seem to find any entry requirements and i dont know what language the course is in... I dont speak italian. So could anyone who has studied/is studying medicine in Italy help me?
jakubww
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by danielleb437)
so, i was thinking of applying to study medicine at universita federico 11 but the application process really confuses me.. i cant seem to find any entry requirements and i dont know what language the course is in... I dont speak italian. So could anyone who has studied/is studying medicine in Italy help me?
I'm thinking of studying medicine in italy as a plan B and have done a lot of research and even went to milan over the summer to visit the medical school.

So, there are 8 public unis in italy that offer medicine in English. The entry requirement is only passing the IMAT test in the beginning of September 2019. I think you can sign up for that test in the beginning of July and there are several centres across Europe where you can sit it.

The apllication process there is very simple, you just need t pass a levels/IB/whatever pre university course that allows you to go to uni in your country and then sit the IMAT. When registering for IMAT, you will be asked to list all those 8 med schools in order of where you want to get into first... The results are sent to your first uni, and they can give you an offer or they can reject you, then to your second uni and so on..

The courses are entirely in English, however, you need to be able to speak Italian at a B2 level by the third year in most unis (for patient contact), and I know that Milan offers those classes for foreigners as part of the course.
HWUEIGR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jakubww)
I'm thinking of studying medicine in italy as a plan B and have done a lot of research and even went to milan over the summer to visit the medical school.

So, there are 8 public unis in italy that offer medicine in English. The entry requirement is only passing the IMAT test in the beginning of September 2019. I think you can sign up for that test in the beginning of July and there are several centres across Europe where you can sit it.

The apllication process there is very simple, you just need t pass a levels/IB/whatever pre university course that allows you to go to uni in your country and then sit the IMAT. When registering for IMAT, you will be asked to list all those 8 med schools in order of where you want to get into first... The results are sent to your first uni, and they can give you an offer or they can reject you, then to your second uni and so on..

The courses are entirely in English, however, you need to be able to speak Italian at a B2 level by the third year in most unis (for patient contact), and I know that Milan offers those classes for foreigners as part of the course.
but what about the DV? to apply for the DV do you need a level results or can i do it before then... I do not want to have to wait another year,,,
TVD27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
this link might helphttps://www.medschool.it/admissions/imat-2019-exam-date-calendar/
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TVD27)
this link might helphttps://www.medschool.it/admissions/imat-2019-exam-date-calendar/
anyone doing imat 2020
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (74)
45.96%
No (87)
54.04%

Watched Threads